Free Consultation: (914) 574-8330Tap to Call This Lawyer
Michael H. Joseph
  • Business Law, Construction Law, Criminal Law...
  • New Jersey, New York
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII GoldBlawgsearchSocial Media
Practice Areas
  • Business Law
  • Construction Law
  • Criminal Law
  • Domestic Violence
  • DUI & DWI
  • Maritime
  • Personal Injury
Additional Practice Area
  • Car Accidents
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    We accept MasterCard, Visa, and Discover
  • Contingent Fees
    Personal injury cases accepted on a contingency fee basis.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New Jersey
New York
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
New York Trial Lawyers Association
Westchester County Bar Association
State University of New York - College at Oneonta
B.S. / Political Science
Honors: With Honors
State University of New York - College at Oneonta
B.S. / Philosophy
Honors: With Honors
Tulane University School of Law
Professional Associations
New York State Trial Lawyers Association
Westchester County Bar Association
New Jersey State Bar
New York State Bar # 3015484
- Current
Websites & Blogs
Michael Joseph's Website Profile
The Law Offices of Michael H. Joseph Website
Michael H. Joseph's Injury Website Profile
The Law Offices of Michael H. Joseph Injury Website
New York Criminal Lawyers Blog
New York Injury Attorneys Blog
Legal Answers
21 Questions Answered

Q. What is the statute of limitations under the Jones Act for injuries at sea?
A: With certain exceptions for government owned vessels, it is three years.
Q. I was assaulted almost 2 years ago by my ex. I still have ongoing neurological issues, as well as ptsd, can I sue?
A: It depends. In New York, the general statute of limitations for an intentional act, like a battery is one year, but there is a crime victim statute, which applies if he was convicted of a crime, allows you to sue up to seven years after the incident.
Q. is it worth filing a civil personal injuries complaint against someone if you already know he doesn´t have the money?
A: Sometimes it is. If they have insurance or a decent job, then you could take it out is their wages.
Q. If I'm injured on a dock, does the Jones Act cover me or is this more the purview of a traditional personal injury
A: It depends. The Jones Act only covers sailors. If you are a dockworker you are covered under the Longshore Harbor Workers Act.
Q. I tripped on a loose piece of carpeting and fell in a restaurant, injuring me knee. Can I sue the restaurant?
A: It sounds like you have a case
Q. Do I have any additional recourse if I'm the victim of a car accident where the other driver was uninsured and my
A: Yes, you can pursue uninsured motorist benefits through your own insurance company's policy. Every insurance policy in New York State has to have coverage to protect you against uninsured motorists. Also your medical bills get paid through your own company's no fault coverage, not the other driver.
Q. If an accident occurred on a cruise ship that is sailing off the coast of New York (not docked), do I have to file the
A: Read your ticket. They usually have a clause stating where you have to file a lawsuit
Q. I was injured in a car accident. Does the insurance adjuster have any say in my medical treatment?
A: They cannot tell you where to go or where to get treatment. All they can do is dispute the bills after they have you examined by one of their own doctors
Q. Can I sue for pain and suffering?
A: You can sue whoever slashed them
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
The Law Offices of Michael H. Joseph
White Plains Office
203 E Post Rd
White Plains, NY 10601
Telephone: (914) 574-8330
The Law Offices of Michael H. Joseph
Queens Office
112-41 Queens Blvd
Queens, NY 11375
Telephone: (917) 698-7490
The Law Offices of Michael H. Joseph
New York Office
535 5th Ave
#2520 25th Floor
New York, NY 10017
Telephone: (212) 858-0503