Free Consultation: (216) 365-8078Tap to Call This Lawyer
Michael FortneyConstruction Law and Civil Litigation attorney with ADR and Mediation Experience
- Construction Law, Arbitration & Mediation, Business Law ...
Claimed Lawyer ProfileOffers Video Conferencing
I am a civil litigation attorney from Northeast Ohio practicing all over the state and into other states. I practice in all facets of civil litigation, with a heavy emphasis in construction law.
I also act as a private mediator and am adept at solving all types of civil disputes.
I have maintained an AV Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell since 2019 indicating the highest level of legal ability and ethical standards.
- Construction Law
- Construction Contracts, Construction Defects, Construction Liens, Construction Litigation
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Business Arbitration, Consumer Arbitration, Family Arbitration
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Workers' Compensation
- Energy, Oil & Gas Law
- Appeals & Appellate
- Civil Appeals, Federal Appeals
- Google Meet
- Microsoft Teams
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
Fortney Law is willing to accept contingent fee arrangements for certain types of work, including contracts containing strong attorney fees language or prompt payment act claims.
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Please email me for additional fee information.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- English: Spoken, Written
- Fortney Law
- - Current
- Mike Fortney is an experienced construction and business litigator. He is a 2021 Super Lawyers Ohio Rising Star and has earned an AV Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell since 2019 for having the highest legal ability and ethical standards. Mike regularly assists construction clients with disputes concerning mechanic’s lien and bond claims, delay and acceleration claims, other breach of contract claims, and defective work or design claims. Mike has handled a wide range of employment and business disputes for his clients as well, including multi-million dollar claims related to non-competition agreements, tortious interference, and breaches of employment agreements and other contracts. Mike is adept at finding creative solutions for clients to get paid what they are owed. He also works with clients on creative ways to front the costs of litigation. Mike is also a skilled mediator who resolves disputes by working with both sides to arrive at an agreement that
- Cleveland State University
- J.D. (2014) | Law
- Honors: High A award - Arbitration
- Activities: Civil Litigation Clinic
- Rising Star
- Super Lawyers
- Ohio State Bar Association
Contact & Map
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.