- Agricultural Law, Business Law, Insurance Claims ...
Michael H. Erdman concentrates his practice on representing innovative brokers and service providers across the country in the real estate and mortgage industries, advising them on regulatory matters, including licensing schemes, which affect their operations. He also represents vendors and suppliers of perishable agricultural commodities (produce) in actions under the federal Perishable Agricultural Commodities Act (“PACA”) against non-paying buyers and purchasers. Michael also represents business and individual clients in litigation and a variety of general legal matters.
Michael earned his undergraduate degree in Business Administration from Washington University (St. Louis) and his law degree, cum laude, from Boston University School of Law. He is admitted to practice in Illinois and a number of federal jurisdictions. Michael is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association and the Chicago Bar Association.
Michael serves as a Volunteer Counsel with the American Radio Relay League, and Co-Chair of the Caring Community at B’nai Jehoshua Beth Elohim (Congregation BJBE). He previously served as Committee Chair/Den Leader with a local Cub Scout pack, Volunteer Counsel to the Concerned Members of Chatham Park Village Cooperative, and as a Board Member of the Chicago Institute for the Moving Image.
Michael has been an Amateur (Ham) Radio Service licensee since 1985 and is a lifelong fan of the Kansas City Royals. View Michael’s public profile on LinkedIn.
- Agricultural Law
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Insurance Claims
- Bad Faith Insurance, Business Insurance, Disability Insurance, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Motor Vehicle Insurance, Property Insurance
- Intellectual Property
- Civil and Commercial Litigation
- General Business Representation
- General Civil
- Insurance Coverage Litigation (on behalf of policyholders)
- PACA (Produce) Law
- Free Consultation
Credit Cards Accepted
We accept payment by PayPal.
In limited cases.
- TLE PACA and Freight Claims Blog
- PACA Licensure and Filing a PACA Claim
July 26, 2022
- Plugging Leaks with a Release Instrument
July 26, 2022
- Thorough Invoice Language Can Give Added Teeth to PACA Judgment Favoring Produce Seller
February 17, 2022
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.