Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Check out my background at my website, www.siegelandsiegel.com.
- Business Law
- Real Estate Law
- Foreclosure Defense
- Education Law
- Free Consultation
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- New Jersey
- New York
- University of Chicago
- J.D. (1990) | Law
- Columbia University
- M.A. (1987) | Political Science
- University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign
- B.A. (1986) | Political Science and History
- Honors: Summa Cum Laude Martha Barrett Prize for highest GPA in History
- New York State Bar # 2372258
- - Current
Websites & Blogs
1203 Questions Answered
- Q. I signed a contract with a contractor and gave deposit for an addition to be put on our house on May 13.
- A: Yes. But expect to have to sue to get back the deposit.
- Q. Hello, How can I confirm my mortgage's note holder? 4 different owners since 2003; Last lien recorded in 2012.
- A: ACRIS, the NYC registry, will tell you the holder. However, the servicer will be on your credit report. May not be the same.
- Q. Is it illegal for realtor to sell house with a known violation from the towns code enforcement dept w/o inform buyer
- A: Yes. A realtor represents the seller, not the buyer.
- Q. I have a question regarding my store rental. I signed a contract just over 2 years ago...
- A: If you have the standard store lease, you owe the amount in the lease. Do not risk eviction over $1200. While it is not a default, now that it has been demanded, you owe it. If you pay, get a letter that explains the deal and that there is no default.
- Q. Need clarification on wording of real estate legal agreement
- A: It depends what the documents say, and when the deed was recorded. The "agreement" may not be enforceable depending on how it was drafted. Also, does your mother have an estate. If not, you should be administrator to cut off your sister from doing so.
- Q. i own house with boyfriend, he’s on mortgage I’m not. Both on deed joint tenants. I want to sell and leave, can he sue
- A: You can sue in what is called a partition action, where the court forces a sale. If you leave and no one pays the mortgage, the equity will soon disappear. If you are not on the mortgage, you cannot be sued to pay anything.
- Q. My father bought my husband and I a house under his name. We want it under our name and plan to pay him back. Advice.
- A: You can record a deed to you and your husband and a mortgage to your father. The issue is that New York has a steep mortgage tax, so the amount of the mortgage will be critical.
- Q. Can a beneficiary of an trust Estate received information of a LLc in an estate and trust of deceased family member?
- A: No. You need what are called limited letters.
- Q. I fell behind on my mortgage payments, and my lender wants to foreclose !
- A: I am not sure why this is an issue. Amend your plan to show the new numbers and make the payments.
Contact & Map