Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Check out my background at my website, www.siegelandsiegel.com.
- Business Law
- Real Estate Law
- Foreclosure Defense
- Education Law
- Free Consultation
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- New Jersey
- New York
- University of Chicago
- J.D. (1990) | Law
- Columbia University
- M.A. (1987) | Political Science
- University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign
- B.A. (1986) | Political Science and History
- Honors: Summa Cum Laude Martha Barrett Prize for highest GPA in History
- New York State Bar # 2372258
- - Current
Websites & Blogs
925 Questions Answered
- Q. How do I ensure my sister gets her proceeds of the sale of a home I own with my brother in law. He and I are on the deed
- A: You will have a lawyer I assume. At the closing, the seller will be asked how they want the checks to the seller cut, and your lawyer will say, and if you agree, the checks will be cut as you wish.
- Q. After I left the company my insurance was backdated so I was no longer covered with no offer of Cobra. What’s next?
- A: You have a claim against your employer. For $2000 it is small claims. You can bring it yourself.
- Q. In NYS can a settlement processor prepare a note and mortgage with no NYS counsel reviewing?
- A: It is legal, but unusual.
- Q. Can future tenant be eliminated as she wrote on rental application she has a cat and there is a no animal policy?
- A: Yes, you can reject her for the cat.
- Q. Im the Admin of my Dads estate and I want to sue the owners of his old house in small claims for trashing his things
- A: So sue. What evidence do you have of what was trashed and the value? If none, you will lose.
- Q. can i avoid vacating a lien for debtors property, debtor filed chapter13, ( have a money judgement against him)?
- A: Yes, but it turns on the appraised value of the property. Your lien stays if the property is valuable enough to cover the lien and the homestead exemption (if applicable).
- Q. Aunt died without a will
- A: Anyone can file, but you are going to have to search for the grandson and if needed, hire a search firm.
- Q. What is the law in New York for renting a house and the heat doesn't work?
- A: It will turn on local law. Call Watertown Code Enforcement and make a complaint.
- Q. I own a condo in NY. I let my mother & brother live there and she helped pay part of the mortgage. She died in Oct.
- A: No. You must do a formal eviction in court. Changing the locks is a crime.
Contact & Map