Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Check out my background at my website, www.siegelandsiegel.com.
- Business Law
- Real Estate Law
- Foreclosure Defense
- Education Law
- Free Consultation
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- New Jersey
- New York
- University of Chicago
- J.D. (1990) | Law
- Columbia University
- M.A. (1987) | Political Science
- University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign
- B.A. (1986) | Political Science and History
- Honors: Summa Cum Laude Martha Barrett Prize for highest GPA in History
- New York State Bar # 2372258
- - Current
Websites & Blogs
1574 Questions Answered
- Q. I'm looking for legal advice regarding my LLC, that is not generating any income anymore, and I am about to close it.
- A: I would bet you are a guarantor of these debts so the answer is it would impact your credit.
- Q. Security deposit. What is the limit for small claims court in west Chester county? Can I sue for triple damages?
- A: Limit is $3000. Triple damages are for the deposit not being in a segregated account, which is different than withholding it. But you can add that in.
- Q. Security deposit
- A: Just sue. You can use the address you have for the defendant. It is small claims under $5000 for New York City, and you do it yourself.
- Q. Is it legal in NYC to rent out my home as an event space to host private events - without violating zoning laws?
- A: No
- Q. Can you get out of stipulation in an irrevocable trust agreement. My grandfather put a stipulation that states i can not
- A: It depends on the terms of the trust to which you are referring.
- Q. What to do if my ex friend (not on our lease) does not leave in 30 days as she has been informed she should?
- A: You are going to have to bring a holdover petition in landlord tenant court to do this the right way.
- Q. Can i be sued for a car that a Notice of Discontinuance has already been filed on?
- A: You can be sued because you have been sued. Your question is do you have a defense. I do not know what you mean by a Notice of Discontinuance. That term usually applies to a litigation. A release of lien applies to a car. I am not sure what paper you have. Thus, I cannot answer your question.
- Q. Can another offer on a home/property be accepted once a purchase offer has been accepted, and documents signed?
- A: It depends what are the "signed papers". An offer is not binding. A contract signed by both sides is binding.
- Q. i inherited a house in brooklyn ny with my 2 siblings they have had apartments in the house for the past 50 years
- A: Only from the time you were on title. What you should do depends on what you want to happen to the house.
Contact & Map