Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Check out my background at my website, www.siegelandsiegel.com.
- Business Law
- Real Estate Law
- Foreclosure Defense
- Education Law
- Free Consultation
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- New Jersey
- New York
- English: Spoken, Written
- University of Chicago
- J.D. (1990) | Law
- Columbia University
- M.A. (1987) | Political Science
- University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign
- B.A. (1986) | Political Science and History
- Honors: Summa Cum Laude Martha Barrett Prize for highest GPA in History
- New York State Bar # 2372258
- - Current
Websites & Blogs
1811 Questions Answered
- Q. My mother transferred the deed to her home to me Sister found out Mother now saying I verbally promised to share it
- A: You need to defend the case, but if the facts are as you say, you should win.
- Q. Is it illegal for my Dad's Girlfriend of 13 years to use his ATM card after he dies? What law makes this illegal in NY?
- A: It is illegal. Tell the bank he is dead and show a death certificate. The account will be frozen until you collect it. The police were wrong.
- Q. If a hospital makes medical mistakes ex: wrong patient surgery. Who pays for the patient harm?
- A: A personal injury lawyer will investigate the case for free if there is a case. Patient should pay nothing.
- Q. What if someone is guilty of non-compliance with multiple civil court orders prior to bankruptcy filing?
- A: Your sole remedy is to file to object to discharge. There is a strict deadline for doing this, and there is a fee.
- Q. I've broken up with my live in partner and have signed a contract to purchase a boat ( loan in my name) .
- A: Definitely get it in writing. And if you cannot get out of this boat deal make sure you are on title. Otherwise you will have a debt and no boat.
- Q. I am a commercial real estate broker. My buyer & seller clients are attempting to circumvent my broker fee.
- A: So you can sue. You can also get a lien on the property itself. Requires a Supreme Court action.
- Q. Do current court orders have to be carried out when someone files chapter 13
- A: Call the trustee. This could be the break you are looking for. The trustee can sell the property.
- Q. My sister and I are co-executors in NY. I have the Letters of Testamentary. How do we handle the deed of Mom's house?
- A: If you are working together, I would do the Executor's deed but just to your sister. Memorialize your deal. It is important to do it right. Real estate title is really critical to get right. When you sell or refinance, there may be no way to cheaply correct errors.
- Q. My neighbor put a blacktop driveway about 15 feet on my property what course of action can I take. What article in civil
- A: It requires a declaratory judgment action in Supreme Court.
Contact & Map