Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Check out my background at my website, www.siegelandsiegel.com.
- Business Law
- Real Estate Law
- Foreclosure Defense
- Education Law
- Free Consultation
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- New Jersey
- New York
- University of Chicago
- J.D. (1990) | Law
- Columbia University
- M.A. (1987) | Political Science
- University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign
- B.A. (1986) | Political Science and History
- Honors: Summa Cum Laude Martha Barrett Prize for highest GPA in History
- New York State Bar # 2372258
- - Current
Websites & Blogs
1463 Questions Answered
- Q. I want check if my property has been filed under a foreclosure in New York. Does Justia contain all filings?
- A: No, you cannot get all information on this site. Call the court clerk for the Supreme Court in your county, and ask.
- Q. Hello, I have an LLC and want to start an online business with another name, how do I attach that name to the LLC?
- A: You need to file a "d/b/a" for the new name.
- Q. I just recently paid off a settled credit card debt and received a stipulation discontinuing action to sign. Why? Also
- A: You are right. I should be with prejudice. Just cross it out and change it. Some paralegal is copying a form. As long as you have some writing the payment is payment in full and satisfied by settlement, you are really OK though. You want the case marked off.
- Q. What is the average fee to transfer ownership of a house that will go into probate because of the death of the owner?
- A: Your question is unclear. A probate has costs and the distribution of a house has costs. I charge $800 for the transfer of the house.
- Q. can i take my special needs son who has an iep out of special school (public ) and place him in private school
- A: You can go wherever you want. You have to pay for the private school unless the IEP provides for it, but the IEP follows him wherever you choose to send him.
- Q. How can I find if a lawsuit has been filed in NY Supreme Court.
- A: Go on the New York State e-courts website and search for your name.
- Q. Looking to file chapter 7
- A: You would be able to file. The issue is whether you can save your house, as keeping the house requires you to pay the mortgage. There may be an opportunity to modify it, but that depends on many factors.
- Q. Bankruptcy
- A: That is the best time to file. Avoid dealing with the State court case, which will be stopped by filing bankruptcy.
- Q. evicting tenant in a house being sold
- A: Do not close until the tenant is evicted. Yes, the new owner must start over.
Contact & Map