Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII Gold
Check out my background at my website, www.siegelandsiegel.com.
- Business Law
- Real Estate Law
- Foreclosure Defense
- Education Law
- Free Consultation
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- New Jersey
- New York
- University of Chicago
- J.D. / Law (1990)
- Columbia University
- M.A. / Political Science (1987)
- University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign
- B.A. / Political Science and History (1986)
- Honors: Summa Cum Laude Martha Barrett Prize for highest GPA in History
- New York State Bar # 2372258
- - Current
Websites & Blogs
284 Questions Answered
- Q. Father now deceased was the administrator of my mother's estate. My father remarried but I'm looking to become
- A: This is not a problem. You have to bring a special proceeding called a "CTA". Call a lawyer to help.
- Q. Can I file a motion for dismissal based of rule 3215 even after I have answered the complaint?
- A: No. But you can move for summary judgment if that is appropriate.
- Q. Can older brother who has been out of his mothers life for over 15 years.. When she has dementia in nursing home.
- A: I cannot follow this post. You are switching between first and third person is a way I cannot tell which brother is which. Once there is a guardianship, the guardian will be able to recover lost money.
- Q. We are interested in buying a house where a lien that was a part of a default judgement
- A: The owners. However, you should be getting title insurance. The title company will tell you how the deed should go. You really should have a lawyer for this, as the issues can be complicated.
- Q. granted for answer
- A: Your question makes no sense which indicates to me you should have a lawyer. Court procedure is different in each court. As to using court documents from other cases not only is it legal, it is smart.
- Q. I am being called by collectors at all hours (like at 4 in the morning sometimes). I want to file a complaint for an
- A: You can't, which is why these cases are hard.
- Q. Does each owner of a business need to have their name on the initial formation docs or can they be added on later?
- A: People can be added later, but without any stock or evidence of ownership, what do you have?
- Q. How can I place a lien against someone who owes money from a small claims judgment?
- A: It depends on where you got the judgment, which your post does not say.
- Q. Is there any reason I wouldn't be able to file an appeal if I lost at the trial court level?
- A: As long as you are within the time allowed, appeals are as of right from final determinations. But beware, the deadline to file is absolute.
Contact & Map