Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII Gold
Check out my background at my website, www.siegelandsiegel.com.
- Business Law
- Real Estate Law
- Foreclosure Defense
- Education Law
- Free Consultation
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- New Jersey
- New York
- University of Chicago
- J.D. / Law (1990)
- Columbia University
- M.A. / Political Science (1987)
- University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign
- B.A. / Political Science and History (1986)
- Honors: Summa Cum Laude Martha Barrett Prize for highest GPA in History
- New York State Bar # 2372258
- - Current
Websites & Blogs
434 Questions Answered
- Q. How does my family dissolve a family LLC in New York?
- A: File final tax returns and don't pay the annual fee.
- Q. Q1.If the mortgagor dies in 2009, and the mtg contract is due, but the lender does nothing. Is that deemed accelerated?
- A: It is accelerated when the lender deems it to be. The death of the borrower is no issue. Payment is due when it is due.
- Q. See below
- A: If you have a contract, you can file a case and place a lien on the property so they cannot close with anyone but you. Expensive, but might be worth it.
- Q. What are the laws regarding webcams and "reasonable expectation of privacy". A neighbor wants my nature cam moved.
- A: I do not see a problem.
- Q. I hired a contractor to remodel a basement apartment. He left my home in a dangerous shambles, can I sue?
- A: Yes you can sue. As it is an NYC issue, you can also file a complaint with the Department of Consumer Affairs. There is a form online for contractor complaints.
- Q. Can I start an online buisness and sell fidgets(which are toys) before registering to anything just to test the market
- A: No. You must have a sales tax ID.
- Q. How much would it cost me to file for bankruptcy if I owe 15,000?and I am not an American citizen. I have a green card
- A: The citizenship status is not relevant. Fees vary. Call around.
- Q. My sister broke into home I lived in with my dad who had just died without will and stole items can I have her arrested
- A: You can make a complaint. Arrests are in discretion of police.
- Q. MY legal residence is my fathers home, the executrix changed the locks while I was at school and now can't return home?
- A: Are you in GA now or NY. If NY, you can call the police. If you can prove you live there, it is an illegal lockout, and you cannot be locked out without a court order. As personal items are not titled, you are going to have to come here to stop anything, as the executor will claim all contents are estate's.
Contact & Map