Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII Gold
Check out my background at my website, www.siegelandsiegel.com.
- Business Law
- Real Estate Law
- Foreclosure Defense
- Education Law
- Free Consultation
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- New Jersey
- New York
- University of Chicago
- J.D. / Law (1990)
- Columbia University
- M.A. / Political Science (1987)
- University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign
- B.A. / Political Science and History (1986)
- Honors: Summa Cum Laude Martha Barrett Prize for highest GPA in History
- New York State Bar # 2372258
- - Current
Websites & Blogs
335 Questions Answered
- Q. Can I mail discovery requests to the other party and complete the affidavit of service or do I have to pay a server?
- A: Just mail it. Use certified if you want proof of delivery. You do not need an affidavit of service.
- Q. Are back-taxes able to be discharged in bankruptcy?
- A: Some are. It is a complicated question and depends on the type and age of the tax, and whether you filed a return and/or have a payment plan.
- Q. If my broker is located in a different state than I am and I want to sue him, which state should I file in?
- A: It is easier to sue someone in their state. Then the collection of the judgment is quicker. It also avoids motion practice over jurisdiction. However, depending upon the facts, you might be able to sue where you are.
- Q. Can I get out of a truck purchasing deal if the lending company already paid the truck company?
- A: The documents will govern the transaction. If you purchased the truck by having a leasing company purchase it, and then your lease is with them, which you are calling the lending company, then they are probably right. The bank is not involved with your title issues. Red tape to secure title makes no sense, unless something else is up. You just get their title and turn it in to DMV.
- Q. Can the bank take money out of my paycheck if they foreclosure the house !?
- A: I do not understand the facts here. Is there a foreclosure? Is it done? And, what is your relationship to the loan and the deed?
- Q. What happens to a real estate security deposit, held in escrow, when a buyer defaults but will not release the security?
- A: It sits forever unless there is a settlement. If it is small go to small claims. If it is larger than that start a lawsuit.
- Q. I would like to know how can I get my name off a deed
- A: No. But you can give a deed to your ex.
- Q. My 13 was filed but I haven't been to court yet ..I can't afford the payments
- A: You are not correct. Convert to a 7. Same case number. It is not refiling.
- Q. Can I feike a chapter 7 of a 13 is dismissed
- A: I am unsure where you are in the process. You can convert an open 13 to a 7. You can file a 7 180 days after a 13 is dismissed. The 8 years applies to fully administered cases.
Contact & Map