Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Check out my background at my website, www.siegelandsiegel.com.
- Business Law
- Real Estate Law
- Foreclosure Defense
- Education Law
- Free Consultation
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- New Jersey
- New York
- University of Chicago
- J.D. (1990) | Law
- Columbia University
- M.A. (1987) | Political Science
- University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign
- B.A. (1986) | Political Science and History
- Honors: Summa Cum Laude Martha Barrett Prize for highest GPA in History
- New York State Bar # 2372258
- - Current
Websites & Blogs
1374 Questions Answered
- Q. Appealing a denied vaccination exemption. How does the state define sincere religious belief? No vaccines in 9 years...
- A: It is very hard to appeal these decisions. Appeals take over a year, and during that time your kid cannot attend school. We have done them, but success is hard.
- Q. I am in chapter 13 and working on paying my mortgage and back arrears !
- A: Just pay it. As long as you pay everything no one will care.
- Q. Is a clause about "additional rent" normal in a residential rental lease?
- A: Normal, no. Unheard of, no.
- Q. Can the owner of a closed business discharge a judgment from the NJ Workers Comp Fund in a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
- A: No. It is viewed as a governmental claim.
- Q. I filed for Chapter 13 over a year ago and have been trying to refinance without any luck !
- A: If you are still in Chapter 13 you are not going to be able to refinance. Once you complete your plan and the case closes, you may be able to do so. 630 is still a lower score.
- Q. Wife already signed TX warranty deed gave up home 5-15-18 it's notarized never filled shes dragging divorce. Can I file
- A: A TX deed is governed by TX law. Only a Texas lawyer could opine if it was ready to file.
- Q. How do i file for domestic partnership when I am unable to fulfill the requirements without being domestic partners?
- A: Why can't you just live together for six months and then apply? You can live with someone without being a domestic partner.
- Q. can medicaid make any claim on an estate once it becomes mine
- A: You should take the house into trust, to avoid losing Medicaid. You will lose it if they find out about the house.
- Q. My grandson is 15 and paid 2000 this year for baseball 15 tournaments. In the 1st tourn he was injured. Can we get $$
- A: It depends on whatever his parents (or legal guardian) signed. Usually, these leagues have a waiver for injury, but check the paperwork.
Contact & Map