Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII Gold
Check out my background at my website, www.siegelandsiegel.com.
- Business Law
- Real Estate Law
- Foreclosure Defense
- Education Law
- Free Consultation
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- New Jersey
- New York
- University of Chicago
- J.D. / Law (1990)
- Columbia University
- M.A. / Political Science (1987)
- University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign
- B.A. / Political Science and History (1986)
- Honors: Summa Cum Laude Martha Barrett Prize for highest GPA in History
- New York State Bar # 2372258
- - Current
Websites & Blogs
381 Questions Answered
- Q. Secured creditors in Chapter 7 Bankruptcy.
- A: The trustee can sell the property with notice to you and paying you at the sale. You can take your property with a motion and meeting the standard to do so. You cannot just take it.
- Q. Does Chapter 7 discharge automatically accelerates a debt?
- A: It does not automatically accelerate the debt.
- Q. Is my landlord allowed to charge me for time I am no longer in possession of my apartment?
- A: The answer would be yes unless your lease says different. Someone would have to review your lease.
- Q. Question on completing schedules for corporate bankruptcy filing
- A: The portion that you own, which would be stated as such.
- Q. The house we rent is being sold. Can we use the rent deposit for a month's rent before the property is sold?
- A: Not legally, but everyone does it.
- Q. Contract closing day about June 10th. Sellers Staying until July. Loan commitment wil be expired. Obligated to re-apply?
- A: They have the right to stay to July and make you reapply. I am sure they do not want to re-list the property. Ask if they will pay the rate lock extension.
- Q. Can I get sued for rent even though I'm not on the lease?
- A: While it is easier to sue if there was a lease there is a claim for "use and occupancy" he can sue for.
- Q. Can I file Chapter 7 for IRS back taxes that I owe? The IRS wants to put a Levy on m property and seize my assets. Will
- A: If you never filed the returns, then no. File the returns, and do an offer in compromise to settle the amount.
- Q. My father passed and all he has is debts - am I on the hook for them?
- A: No. Notify creditors that he has died. There is no need to form an estate if there are no assets to pass.
Contact & Map