Free Consultation: (212) 721-5300Tap to Call This Lawyer
Michael David Siegel

Michael David Siegel

Siegel & Siegel, P.C.
  • Business Law, Bankruptcy, Real Estate Law ...
  • New Jersey, New York
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileOffers Video ConferencingQ&A

Check out my background at my website,

Practice Areas
Business Law
Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
Real Estate Law
Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
Foreclosure Defense
Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
Education Law
Video Conferencing
  • FaceTime
  • Google Meet
  • Skype
  • Zoom
  • Microsoft Teams
  • WebEx
  • Free Consultation
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New Jersey
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
New York
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Owner and Partner
Siegel & Siegel, P.C.
- Current
McCarter & English LLP
Milbank Tweed Hadley & McCloy LLP
University of Chicago
J.D. (1990) | Law
University of Chicago Logo
Columbia University
M.A. (1987) | Political Science
Columbia University Logo
University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign
B.A. (1986) | Political Science and History
Honors: Summa Cum Laude Martha Barrett Prize for highest GPA in History
University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign Logo
Professional Associations
New York State Bar  # 2372258
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
2350 Questions Answered
Q. Hello I'm a plantiff in a civil court case in NYC. The Defendants lawyer filed a motion to dismiss. I submitted my answe
A: The court rules require motions to be decided in 60 days. It is routinely ignored and there is no enforcement mechanism. There is nothing you can do. However, as you are the plaintiff, it really does not matter. It will not impact the time for your case to come to trial, which is also quite awhile. As long as the case is not dismissed, you are good.
Q. I own a business and did not pay the rent for one month because I had a buyer for the business but the landlord made
A: If you owe the rent you need to pay or be evicted. While your lease will govern, most commercial leases have a provision that counterclaims must be brought in a separate case, like your claim the landlord killed your deal.
Q. Am I personally liable for an EIDL loan of $130k taken out by my S Corp if I close the business?
A: This is actually an evolving area of the law. If you have no guarantee, the answer should be no. But, the SBA has been investigating whether proceeds were properly used. If you took the money for improper purposes, the US Attorney could come after you. But, there are so many of these loans, it is hard to see that happening in every case.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Siegel & Siegel, P.C.
521 Fifth Avenue
Suite 1700
New York, NY 10175
Telephone: (212) 721-5300
Fax: (212) 947-9967
Monday: 8:30 AM - 6 PM
Tuesday: 8:30 AM - 6 PM
Wednesday: 8:30 AM - 6 PM
Thursday: 8:30 AM - 6 PM
Friday: 8:30 AM - 6 PM (Today)
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed
Notice: Will come early or stay late if needed during the week.
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.