Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII Gold
Check out my background at my website, www.siegelandsiegel.com.
- Business Law
- Real Estate Law
- Foreclosure Defense
- Education Law
- Free Consultation
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- New Jersey
- New York
- University of Chicago
- J.D. / Law (1990)
- Columbia University
- M.A. / Political Science (1987)
- University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign
- B.A. / Political Science and History (1986)
- Honors: Summa Cum Laude Martha Barrett Prize for highest GPA in History
- New York State Bar # 2372258
- - Current
Websites & Blogs
552 Questions Answered
- Q. What is the correct section under NYS CPLR to request a motion for Accelerated Judgment ( Artic
- A: Direct answer to your question is 3211 (summary judgment in lieu of complaint) but you cannot use this section for your problem. You are going to have to do a conventional suit.
- Q. Private mortgage lender wants $5000 attorney fees for foreclosure process; I refinanced w/bank before foreclosed on.
- A: I do not understand the relationship between the bank and private lender. The documents will govern what you need to pay.
- Q. i rent apartment in 2 fam house since 2014/no lease--person living there told me she was owner--rec'd notice from bank
- A: If she is not the owner, I would pay no one at this point, and just put the money away in case someone sues to evict.
- Q. My sister is passing. She and her husband have a house. He is not on the deed. The will says the house goes to him.
- A: It does not pass to him automatically. If the will gives it to him, he gets it, but the will needs to be probated. With no will, kids share with spouses in any estate.
- Q. in new York state, when a person dies intestate, do the children of dead siblings have right of inheritance?
- A: No. Living siblings come first.
- Q. I live in NYC & Its August, if i serve a 30 day Notice of term will the courts make me wait since holidays are close?
- A: I do not understand your issue. Serve a 30 day notice. Holidays have nothing to do with it. I do not know what the 6 months refers to.
- Q. hello, if someone was name an executor of a will but the house in the estate was left to two nephews and not the
- A: Until deeded out, the executor must pay all bills and manage the property.
- Q. Filed bankruptcy petition in may, earlier in the day of auction of house. Was told automatic stay would be done.
- A: Did your lawyer tell the referee of the filing? If no, the sale would have gone forward and you will need to notify the parties now. Was there an order in a prior bankruptcy making the stay inapplicable?
- Q. Q: IN NEW YORK STATE COUNTY OF KINGS WHO IS ENTITLED TO A TAX LIEN FORECLOSURE PROPERTY SALE SURPLUS?
- A: Why is there a distinction between the owner on the auction date and the notice of pendency date. The owner whose rights were foreclosed gets the surplus if there are no other claimants.
Contact & Map