Free Consultation: (662) 408-4230Tap to Call This Lawyer
Profile Image Placeholder

Melissa L Gardner-Ardoin

  • Divorce, Family Law, Criminal Law ...
  • Mississippi
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Practice Areas
    Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Criminal Law
    Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
    DUI & DWI
    Traffic Tickets
    Suspended License
    Appeals & Appellate
    Civil Appeals, Federal Appeals
    Domestic Violence
    Domestic Violence Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights
    Estate Planning
    Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
    Juvenile Law
    Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
The Mississippi Bar
ID Number: 9849
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Mississippi College
M.S. (2014) | Marriage and Family Therapy
Placeholder image for education.
Mississippi College School of Law
J.D. (1994) | Law
Mississippi College School of Law Logo
Belhaven College
B.A. (1991) | Psychology and English
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
The Mississippi Bar  # 9849
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Legal Answers
158 Questions Answered
Q. Speed ticket Canton Parkway, yes guilty , I would like to pay the fine.
A: If the Court has no record of the ticket, the officer hasn’t turned it in. You can’t pay the ticket until it is turned in and sworn to by the officer before the clerk or some other designated person. Continue to check back periodically to see if it has been turned in. If the officer doesn’t turn it in, appear in court on the court date and ask that it be dismissed.
Q. Does child support still stand in Mississippi if parental rights were terminated in court and no visitation was granted
A: Visitation and child support are separate issues. The lack of visitation does not mean no child support is owed. Conversely, withholding of visitation does not relieve the parent of the obligation to pay support. If the parental rights of the parent are terminated by court order, the obligation to pay child support also stops at the time the Order is entered. However, if an arrearage in the payment of child support accrued during the time that the obligation to pay existed, that amount is still owed to the custodian as directed in the previous court order after the termination of parental rights.
Q. If the state of MS pressed charges for DV against my husband on my behalf. Can I get them dropped?
A: You will have to speak to the Prosecutor about dropping the charges. You are not bringing the charges against your husband; the State is. Several factors will come into play, e.g., the severity of the injuries, if any, the circumstances of the assault, the history between you and your husband, your husband’s criminal history, etc.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Melissa L. Gardner, PLLC
9356 Goodman Road
Suite 6
Olive Branch, MS 38654
Telephone: (662) 408-4230
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.