Free Consultation: (512) 689-4299Tap to Call This Lawyer
Matthew Valley

Matthew Valley

The Law Office of Matthew Valley
  • Criminal Law, Collections, Family Law...
  • Texas, Western District of Texas (Federal)
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media
Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • Collections
  • Family Law
  • Real Estate Law
  • Probate
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Immigration Court
Western District of Texas (Federal)
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
The Law Office of Matthew Valley
- Current
Associate, Of Counsel
Rambhotla Law Firm, PLLC
The Law Office of Matthew Valley
University of Texas - Austin
J.D. (2013) | Law
Professional Associations
Texas Bar Association # 24088571
- Current
Websites & Blogs
The Law Office of Matthew Valley
Legal Answers
115 Questions Answered

Q. Is the custodial parent violating our agreement?
A: You should talk to a local family lawyer about the matter. From what you have said, you may have grounds to go to court due to parental alienation. A consult with a local attorney would allow you to discuss the matter at the higher level of detail needed for an attorney to provide effective advice.
Q. If you haven't been sued can you be made to answer personal questions in regards to another lawsuit that your fiance own
A: Is it legal for an attorney to ask you to provide access to your personal financial information? Probably yes. If you asking whether you legally have to provide him with that information, it depends. During a civil lawsuit, Texas law permits parties to pursue information from third parties that might have information useful to the litigation. For example, a party can subpoena a third party to provide testimony and/or documents. If you have been subpoenaed or otherwise requested to provide documents to a party in a lawsuit then you would do well to consult with a local attorney about the particular facts involved in your situation to obtain an appraisal of your rights and obligations.
Q. Real estate property.
A: If you bought the property while you were married then it more than likely became marital property despite your name being the only name on the conveyance documents. If this is the case then there is a potential that your divorce decree did not resolve who got the property in question. You should probably consult with a local family/divorce attorney as you may have to go back to court to resolve the issue and clean up the title.
Q. Can my landlord let themselves into my apartment without my knowledge or consent?
A: What does your lease say? Landlords frequently include provisions in their leases that override the general rule that a landlord does not have the right to enter leased premises, outside of emergencies, without a tenant’s permission.
Q. My kids dad have primary custody of both of our kids. In right now he’s being investigated by CPS for substance abuse
A: I would recommend getting a consult with a local family lawyer to talk about the matter. If events have arisen that have brought CPS into the picture then there may be grounds for you to go petition the court yourself for a modification of conservatorship in your favor.
Q. if im on child and have another child that im about to be on support for will the first mothers payments decrease?
A: You would need to go to court and get the first child support order modified to accommodate the fact that you now have another child to support. It will not just change automatically.
Q. I'm planning to divorce my husband. Our home is his separate property. Can I get any of the equity after we split?
A: Where marital funds have been used on a spouse's separate property, there may be reimbursement claims available against that spouse. I recommend talking with a family law attorney near you to more thoroughly discuss your situation.
Q. I have been trying to serve the father for over a year, it is to allow me and the child to leave state.
A: Depending on how he is dodging the process server, it may be possible to either get alternative service (e.g. posting the citation, petition and orders to his residence/work door) or service by publication (i.e. running a notice/citation in the newspaper). Your local law library might be of some assistance moving forward.
Q. can i still file for child support for my daughter even tho she just had a baby and is only 17years old and school
A: You likely can still file for child support despite her status as a parent. As for his threat to give up his rights: that isn't something a parent can do without approval of the court, and typically courts are very hesitant to let a parent relinquish his or her parental rights solely to avoid child support obligations.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
The Law Office of Matthew Valley
1000 Heritage Center Cir.
Round Rock, TX 78664
Telephone: (512) 689-4299
Cell: (512) 689-4299
Fax: (512) 582-8646