Free Consultation: (844) 209-5001Tap to Call This Lawyer
Matthew Podolsky

Matthew Podolsky

Farah & Farah
  • Personal Injury, Family Law, Bankruptcy ...
  • Florida
Review This Lawyer
Lawyer Rating and Reviews
Legal Knowledge
Legal Analysis
Communication Skills
Ethics and Professionalism
Jordan Finley
Jordan Finley April 10, 2019
Rating: 10 Lawyer Rating - 10 out of 10
Matthew is an excellent advocate for clients. His integrity and legal knowledge makes him well suited for assisting clients in need of a dependable legal counselor.
Claimed Lawyer ProfileOffers Video ConferencingQ&ASocial Media

I am a personal injury attorney with Farah and Farah.

Practice Areas
Personal Injury
Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
Foreclosure Defense
Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
Video Conferencing
  • GoToMeeting
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Payment Plans are available at no additional cost.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Federal Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Farah and Farah
- Current
Managing Attorney
Florida Law Advisers, P.A.
Stetson University
J.D. (2012) | law
Honors: William F. Blews Pro Bono Service Award
Activities: President of the Business Law Society
Stetson University Logo
Stetson University
MBA (2012) | Business Adminstration
Stetson University Logo
St. John's University
B.S. (2003) | Finance
Honors: Dean's List, repeated mention
St. John's University Logo
Super Lawyer
Super Lawyers
Rising Star
Super Lawyers
Lead Counsel Rated
Lead Counsel Review Board
Professional Associations
Florida Justice Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Better Business Bureau
Accredited Member
- Current
Activities: Rated A+!
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Florida Family Law Section
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
American Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Speaking Engagements
Guest Speaker, Ask a Lawyer Series, North Greenwood Public Libary
Bay Area Legal Services
Lead Counsel Rated
Lead Counsel Review Board
Legal Answers
3 Questions Answered
Q. Mom is 87 yrs old and is behind on a 112,000 mortgage, can she walk away ?
A: Yes, but is likely not a good idea. If the foreclosure sale does not yield enough funds to pay the mortgage in full your mother may be sued by the bank to pay the remaining balance. There are usually much better options for a homeowner than simply walking away. For instance, a short sale, deed in lieu of foreclosure, or bankruptcy may be able to allow a homeowner to walk away without any further liability to the bank.
Q. I have read that if your credit card debt and mortgage are from the same bank, that bankruptcy will not protect me from
A: That is not necessarily true. Generally, a Chapter 7 bankruptcy discharge removes your personal liability on the debt. Keep in mind, the discharge does not remove liens from property. Therefore, you may no longer have any personal responsibility to pay back the debt but a lien can still remain on the property.

Typically, credit cards are not secured by real estate. However, you should review your specific loan documents to confirm.
Q. Can ex-wife ask for alimony after divorce is final with alimony waiver on the Marital Settlement?
A: Generally, if alimony is waived and the final judgment has been entered alimony should not be awarded. Further, if the final judgment was entered over a year ago the options to reopen the case would be limited.

If your ex-spouse is not complying with the terms of the Marital Settlement Agreement, you may have grounds to file a motion for contempt. Additionally, your ex may be sanctioned and have to pay your legal fees if the motion for contempt is granted.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
1408 N. West Shore Blvd
Suite 114
Tampa, FL 33607
Toll-Free: (844) 209-5001
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.