I grew up in suburban Pittsburgh in a blue collar family where I was instilled with working class ethics and values that continue to embody me today — and that I recognize and appreciate in many of the people I represent in the criminal court system.
I am dedicated to fighting for the rights of my clients to be free from unreasonable searches and seizures, to fair and speedy trials, to just punishment, and to not be coerced into self-incrimination. I believe passionately that the basic principles regarding the rights of people accused of crimes are worth upholding and fighting for in court. As a trial lawyer, I do that every day on behalf of clients facing what I describe as the “crushing power of the state.”
I enjoy spending time with family and giving back to my church and community through volunteer work. I'm an avid Pittsburgh sports fan and enjoy taking in Pirates games.
- Criminal Law
- DUI & DWI
- Traffic Tickets
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Worgul, Sarna & Ness, Criminal Defense Attorneys LLC
- - Current
- Assistant Public Defender
- Allegheny County Public Defender’s Office
- Duquesne University School of Law
- J.D. (2008)
- Clarion University of Pennsylvania
- B.A. (2004) | Communication and Political Science
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Attorney: Juror in Seton Hill sexual assault case influenced other panelists
- Tribune Review
- Worgul, Sarna & Ness Website
- Harrisburg Criminal Defense
- Matthew Ness' Website Profile
- Pittsburgh Criminal Defense & DUI Attorney Blog
- When is a DUI a Felony in PA?
27 May 2020
- When to Accept a Plea in Pittsburgh?
20 May 2020
- Pittsburgh DUI Testing: Can I Refuse a Field Sobriety Test?
13 May 2020