Matthew Spiegel, San Diego's Experienced and Proven Criminal Attorney
Spiegel, founder of Spiegel Law Group, is one of San Diego's best and most respected criminal lawyers. With over 750 criminal cases handled, Matthew has turned himself into an aggressive and skilled criminal attorney.
Mr. Spiegel has defended clients in all types of criminal cases. He has defended over 750 clients, including defendants facing charges of murder, assault with a deadly weapon, drug possession, robbery, burglary, sex crimes, and much more. Matthew has also defended more than 400 DUI clients. His experience in the courtroom has helped him to become a very successful criminal trial attorney, having taken many cases to jury trial and obtaining verdicts of not guilty.
Mr. Spiegel spent 4 years working as a criminal attorney with San Diego’s largest criminal defense law firm. He has handled cases that have featured him on local news television broadcasts, including high profile cases that had great public interest. Mr. Spiegel has also been the featured speaker on local radio stations, including XX Sports Radio.
As a graduate of Thomas Jefferson School of Law, Matthew is a product of San Diego’s finest legal institution. He attended Thomas Jefferson on a scholarship and immediately excelled in classes related to criminal law.
Call today to speak with Mr. Spiegel. His dedication to service will provide you with the attention that you deserve and his knowledge and expertise will provide you with the defense that you deserve.
- Domestic Violence
- DUI & DWI
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Car Accidents
- Small Claims
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- English: Spoken, Written
- Spanish: Spoken, Written
- Spiegel Law Group
- Founder and lead attorney.
- Univ of Arizona
- Undergraduate Degree
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law
- Law Degree
- Top Young Attorney
- San Diego Daily Transcript
- California State Bar # 238030
- - Current
- California State Bar
San Diego criminal and DUI lawyerAdvice if you're charged with a DUI in San Diego County
Spiegel Law Group 109 West C Street San Diego, CA 92101 (619) 338-0022DUI Lawyer in San Diego
Spiegel Law Group 109 West C Street San Diego, CA 92101 (619) 338-0022San Diego DUI Lawyer
Spiegel Law Group 109 West C Street San Diego, CA 92101 (619) 338-0022
- Q. Am I going to get a probation violation for getting a drinking in public ticket?
- A: It is unlikely that you are going to see this come up as a probation violation. However, there is a chance that it will rear its ugly head so you need to be on alert for any notification from the court asking you to appear on a violation. Spiegel Law Group 109 W. C St. San Diego, CA 92101 619-338-0022
- Q. Do I have rights of being under the influence of a controlled substance in my own home
- A: No. Being under the influence is not dependent on your location. Obviously, police officers would need a reason to come into your house to determine that you were in fact under the influence though.
- Q. Held two years too long on parole what to do
- A: Please provide some more information here. Held two years too long where? What was the charge? How much time was served?
- Q. Regarding my husbands case. Want to know if he'll be serving a large amount of time ?
- A: It does not sound like your husbands case is getting dismissed if he is continually going to court. It is impossible to predict what kind of time he might serve. Please talk to your husband's lawyer and ask him or her to bring you up to speed on the status of the case and potential exposure.
- Q. How do I get a critical needs restricted license in California if I am under 21 years of age?
- A: In order to get this type of license you must submit an application with the DMV. However, if this is for a DUI suspension you received, you may be able to ask the judge for a restricted license which will allow you to drive to work and school if you are enrolled.
- Q. How do i sue for entrapment
- A: Suing for entrapment is something that you would want to ask in the civil section. You are going to be looking for a lawyer who has experience attacking police departments, etc.
- Q. How can I find out if i have warrant in San Jose CA // Santa Clara County
- A: Some counties in California offer warrant information on the county sheriff's website. That would be the first place to check. If they do not offer that info, the best thing to do would be to go down to the courthouse and have them check for you.
- Q. I need to file an appeal for a criminal case and need to know where to begin and what research I need to do.
- A: Mr. Shapiro is right. You may also want to seek the assistance for appellate lawyer, and one may actually be available to you via assignment by the court. Appeals can be very complicated and is advisable to have assistance when embarking down the path.
- Q. Does probable cause for arrest exist based on statements only?
- A: I would say yes, the officer has probable cause to arrest. In order to arrest someone, the officer needs to have reasonable suspicion that a crime is or has been committed. By the man telling him he has illegal drugs on him, the officer would certainly have a suspicion that a crime is being committed in his presence.