(540) 333-0330Tap to Call This Lawyer
Matthew Lane KreitzerVirginia Divorce and Bankruptcy lawyer located in Winchester, VA.
- Divorce, Traffic Tickets, Criminal Law ...
Claimed Lawyer ProfileOffers Video ConferencingQ&A
Hi, I'm Matthew.
I approach the practice of law with a focus on helping my clients understand an often complicated legal system. Working collaboratively allows me to anticipate my clients' needs, while also aiding my clients by providing them an informed view of all the potential dangers and rewards of each unique case. My primary practice areas are Divorce, Child Custody, Trusts & Wills and Bankruptcy. However, I also provide legal support for small businesses looking to incorporate, resolve disputes with employees or review potential contracts and business transactions.
- Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
- Traffic Tickets
- Suspended License
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- Estate Planning
- Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
- DUI & DWI
- Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
- Landlord Tenant
- Evictions, Housing Discrimination, Landlord Rights, Rent Control, Tenants' Rights
- Employment Law
- Employee Benefits, Employment Contracts, Employment Discrimination, ERISA, Overtime & Unpaid Wages, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
The fees I set are based upon factors set out by Virginia law, and include considerations such as the complexity of the case and the type of work that will have to be performed on the case.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- 4th Circuit
- Matthew L. Kreitzer, Attorney at Law
- - Current
- Lawson & Silek
- Associate Attorney
- Booth & McCarthy
- The Andrews Law Firm
- Legal Assistant
- Crouch & Crouch PLC
- William & Mary Marshall-Wythe School of Law
- J.D. (2013) | Family Law
- 10 Best
- American Institute of Family Law Attorneys
- Virginia State Bar  # 87722
Articles & Publications
- To Have and to Hold After Obergefell
- Virginia bar Association
- Guardian ad Litem Seminar, Winchester, VA
- Virginia State Bar
- Hosted an online development seminar regarding guardian ad litem duties.
- Guardian ad Litem
- Supreme Court of Virginia
Websites & Blogs
- Biographical Website
- Blog - Lawyer in Winchester, VA
- Virginia Divorce Law: Post Divorce Negotiation
February 10, 2022
- Virginia Family Law: Changes to Grandparent Visitation
February 8, 2022
- Virginia Criminal Defense Law: New Drug Overdose Law
November 7, 2020
159 Questions Answered
- Q. My baby is nine months old his father sells drugs and prior convictions pwid and court ordered anger management domest
- A: Insufficient information to determine what the likely outcome will be. What you need to do is schedule a consultation with a local child custody lawyer to discuss every fact available. Custody decisions are made on single facts alone. The lawyer will have several questions for you to determine your likelihood of success and what type of visitation, if any, would be given.
- Q. If I turn off MY credit card that my husband uses, before being legally separated, is that financial abuse.
- A: Financial abuse, no. Marital waste? Yes. Will it harm your divorce? Yes. Consult a lawyer before taking any action.
- Q. Will i be able to get full custody?
- A: There are several questions that a lawyer would have before being able to answer your question including, but not limited to, who the donor for the child was, whether there was any contract entered into between the parties, and whether there was a court involved with her grandmother. There is not enough information to answer your question. Seek out an attorney consultation. The attorney will need to ask you several questions to determine how to protect your interests.
Contact & Map
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.