Free Consultation: (270) 365-6288Tap to Call This Lawyer
Matt Schalk

Matt Schalk

Matt Schalk, Attorney, PLLC serving Caldwell, Lyon, Trigg, Christian, Crittenden
  • Criminal Law, Social Security Disability, DUI & DWI...
  • Kentucky
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII GoldSocial MediaResponsive Law

I have been practicing law in Western Kentucky for nearly 14 years, primarily in the areas of Criminal Defense, Personal Injury (car wrecks, slip and falls, medical malpractice, etc.) and Social Security Disability Appeals.

Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • Social Security Disability
  • DUI & DWI
  • Medical Malpractice
  • Personal Injury
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Experience
Jackson & Schalk, LLP
Salmon P. Chase College of Law, Northern Kentucky University
J.D. (2005)
Salmon P. Chase College of Law, Northern Kentucky University Logo
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
12 Questions Answered

Q. I recently found out while I was at prison my 2 children was adopted, do i owe current support in ky
A: I believe you would only be responsible for arrearages in child support up to the point of adoption. However, you need to contact a family law attorney for verification of that.
Q. My friend has to go to court this is his 1st time they have see him but he had a cdw he has been seeing and now he is
A: I assume your friend as a juvenile. He needs to contact an attorney who handles criminal law.
Q. My wife was in an auto accident the person at fault provided police with false documentation and was uninsured
A: Assuming you wife sustained injuries, you need to look at her auto insurance policy, and yours, and see if either of you had uninsured motorist coverage at the time of the collision.
Q. It has come to my attention that my 12 year old sister is being abused by her father how do I get her out
A: Contact law enforcement and/or the Cabinet for Health and Family Services, immediately.
Q. Ok my friend was pulled over and charged w/trafficking meth and heroin they told him the reason they pulled him over is
A: Yes, they can. I see cases like this very often. One of the most important issues is whether or not probable cause existed for the presumably warrantless search, and for the stop itself.
Q. My boyfriend was charged with manufacturing meth He went to rehab but left. He was charged with escape2nd
A: I would need more information to answer your question. Specifically I would need to see his criminal history record and a summary of all new charges. If probation is possible, I would also need to speak with the prosecutor to see what the Commonwealth's position would be.
Q. My husband just went to jail for 4th degree assult. I want to drop the charges. How would i go about doing this?
A: You can contact the county attorney and state that you wish the charge(s) to be withdraw. However, you are presumably the victim and subsequently a witness, and the criminal complaint is brought by the Commonwealth of Kentucky, not you. Therefore the Commonwealth may proceed with the charges regardless of your desire to see the charges dropped.
Q. Question about an arrest.
A: I would definitely have to know more about the case to give you a complete answer, but it appears that law-enforcement doesn’t entirely believe your story. Hindsight is 20/20 but It probably would’ve been best if you had called the police when the mysterious boat appeared in the driveway. With that being said I think you may have some pretty good defenses on your side. I would advise that you consult an attorney.
Q. If someone has an outstanding bench warrant for failure to appear, is paying his electric bill "aiding and abetting?"
A: The individual you want to help just needs to get that bench warrant for failure to appear taken care of as soon as possible. Perhaps lending money to help him or her retain an attorney might be a better allocation of funds.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Matt Schalk, Attorney, PLLC
111 West Court Square
Princeton, KY 42445
Telephone: (270) 365-6288
Fax: (270) 896-5025