Free Consultation: (405) 338-7679
Offers Video Chat
Tap to Call This Lawyer
Matt Fleischer

Matt Fleischer

Flat Fee Probates. Oil & Gas Expertise. Statewide Service.
  • Probate, Energy, Oil & Gas Law, Estate Planning
  • Oklahoma, Texas
Review This Lawyer
Lawyer Rating and Reviews
Legal Knowledge
Legal Analysis
Communication Skills
Ethics and Professionalism
Andrea Lynn Painter
Reviewed by Andrea Lynn Painter April 27, 2020
Rating: 10 Justia Lawyer Rating - 10 out of 10
Matt is an outstanding attorney. He is highly intelligent, as well as knowledgeable in all aspects of the areas in which he practices. He is always professional, and his work-ethic is unmatched. Most importantly, he is passionate about using his skills and experience to help clients resolve their legal issues as quickly and efficiently as possible. I am proud to call Matt Fleischer a colleague and it is with the highest regard that I recommend him.
Client Reviews
Reviewed by Tim A. April 23, 2020
Excellent attorney!
Mr. Fleischer takes great care to understand your goals and carry them forward in the estate planning process. He and his firm tick all of the boxes in terms of what is needed from legal counsel when making lasting estate planning decisions and more.
Reviewed by Paul W. April 23, 2020
Matt is Proffesional, timely and a great communicator.
I have used Matt numerous times for various projects and he has always done a great job and communicated about his progress throughout the project. I appreciate Matt's work ethic and his ability to complete tasks quickly and in a cost effective man ner.
Claimed Lawyer ProfileOffers Video ChatQ&ALII GoldSocial Media

I migrated from North Dakota to Oklahoma City in 1998 to attend Southern Nazarene University. After obtaining a B.S. degree in 2002, I attended Oklahoma City University School of Law, where I served on the board of editors for the law review and graduated with highest honors in 2005.

From 2006 to 2014, I worked as an in-house prospect landman for a major independent oil and gas producer. In 2014, I left the corporate world for private practice.

I'm currently a partner at a small, service-oriented law firm located in northwest OKC, where we aim to provide an unbeatable combination of first class quality and affordability. My practice focuses on oil and gas, probate, and estate planning.

“Need a lawyer that you can trust like a family member? Matt is your guy! He is a kind, talented, intelligent lawyer who treats his clients' cases as if they are his own. I highly recommend Matt without any reservations.” - Justin G.

"Matt was easy to work with. He listened to all our concerns. He responded promptly to all communications and completed the job quickly. I recommend Matt and expect to work with him again in the future." - Ruth N.

Practice Areas
  • Probate
  • Energy, Oil & Gas Law
  • Estate Planning
Additional Practice Area
  • Oil & Gas
Video Chat and Conferencing
  • FaceTime
  • Skype
  • Zoom
  • Free Consultation
    Free 30 minute phone
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Flat Fee Probates
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Oklahoma Bar Association
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
State Bar of Texas
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English
Professional Experience
Cowan & Fleischer, PLLC
Sr. Landman
Chesapeake Energy Corporation
Oklahoma City University School of Law
J.D. (2005)
Honors: Summa Cum Laude
Activities: Board of Editors, Law Review
Oklahoma City University School of Law Logo
Southern Nazarene University
B.S. (2002)
Placeholder image for education.
Summa Cum Laude
Oklahoma City University School of Law
Professional Associations
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Texas State Bar
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Oklahoma Bar Association  # 20697
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Estate Planning, Probate and Trust Section, Oklahoma Bar Assoc.
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Bazetta v. McGinnis: Prisoners' Right to Non-Contact Visitation Under the First and Eighth Amendments
Oklahoma City University Law Review
Speaking Engagements
An Introduction to Estate Planning , Oklahoma City
Francis Tuttle Technology Center
Websites & Blogs
Fleischer, Fleischer, Painter & Cantrell, PLLC
Legal Answers
18 Questions Answered

Q. Can you legally quit claim real estate to someone not on the title deed in Oklahoma?
A: You can quitclaim any interest you might own in a piece of property to anyone you choose. Whether the quitclaim deed actually conveys an interest in the property depends on whether you actually owned an interest in the property at the time. You'll also want to be careful that you don't cloud someone else's ownership interest by purporting to convey interests you know you don't own.
Q. Any way to distribute estate assets via trust or will incrementally over time as opposed to a lump sum distribution?
A: Absolutely. This is one of the major benefits of a trust. It allows you to control your assets even after death. You can set it up to pay out however you’d like.
Q. My mother passed away a year ago. How do i force my father to probate her will?
A: Yes, you can force the will to be probated. According to Section 21 of Title 58 of the Oklahoma statutes, “Every custodian of a will, within thirty days after receipt of information that the maker thereof is dead, must deliver the same to the district court having jurisdiction of the estate, or to the executor named therein. A failure to comply with the provisions of this section makes the person failing responsible for all damages sustained by any one injured thereby.” Furthermore, according to Section 24 of Title 58, "If it be alleged in the petition that the will is in the possession of a third person and the court is satisfied that the allegation is correct, an order must be issued and served upon the person having possession of the will, requiring him to produce it in the court at the time named in the order. If he has possession of the will and neglects or refuses to produce it in obedience to the order, he may by warrant of the court be committed to the jail of the county, and kept in close confinement until he produces it." As an heir at law of your mother, you are entitled to notice if your father ever probates the will on his own volition. You also have a right to start the probate process and require your dad to produce the will. You should contact an Oklahoma probate attorney and get the probate process started.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Fleischer, Fleischer, Painter & Cantrell, PLLC
13190 N. MacArthur Blvd.
Oklahoma City, OK 73142
Telephone: (405) 338-7679
Monday: 8 AM - 5:30 PM
Tuesday: 8 AM - 5:30 PM
Wednesday: 8 AM - 5:30 PM
Thursday: 8 AM - 5:30 PM (Today)
Friday: 8 AM - 5:30 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.