Many times in life each of us come to a crossroads or encounter an issue in which we need to get legal advice on how best to proceed forward. At such times it is important to obtain guidance from someone who can act like a beacon in a possible sea of doubt or confusion.
Mooney Law Office is committed to providing you with top notch legal representation. Mooney Law Office has represented hundreds of clients over the years in the ten county metropolitan area as well as out-state Minnesota. Every client is approached with a focus on integrity, advocacy and understanding. Mooney Law Office can offer you over 31 years of experience in how to address issues that may be effecting you in a number of areas.
Mary P. Mooney will take the necessary time to explore the issues with you, offering effective, practical, and creative solutions to the issues as well as honest and candid advice about any problems. Mary will listen to your concerns and issues and then address you in a caring and compassionate manner advising you as to the best way for you to proceed. She will advise you of the upside and downside of any solutions you wish to explore in order that you can feel confident in the decisions you make.
Mary is willing to approach settlement at all points in the process. She takes pride in guiding her clients to a resolution of the issues that is fair. Based on her 31 years of experience as an attorney, she can provide you with legal advice that is based in reality and the law.
Mary is a firm believer in alternative dispute resolution having received her initial training as a mediator in 1987. She has served as a Settlement Conference Referee in Hennepin County District Court and as Family Court Mediator in Ramsey County District Court. She will look to work with opposing parties in any proceeding in an attempt to keep attorney fees low and reduce the cost and stress of litigation while at the same time exploring all reasonable and reality based solutions to outstanding issues. However, when there is no alternative but to look to the Court for resolution of the issues, she is an experienced litigator with an impressive background in writing and drafting legal documents as well as an extensive background in advocating for her clients in motion hearings and contested trials.
- Estate Planning
- Family Law
- Juvenile Law
- Credit Cards Accepted
Visa and Mastercard only
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Reasonable Hourly Rates. Reasonable Retainers.
- Attorney at Law, Owner
- Mooney Law Office
- - Current
- Representing clients in the area of Divorce and Family Law including annulment and legal separation, handling issues relating to child support, spousal maintenance (alimony), property valuation and division including premarital and non marital property, debt allocation, and real estate issues related to the proceedings; Estate Planning, Wills and Trusts, Probate Administration, Powers of Attorney, Living Wills, and Health Care Declarations; Juvenile Law proceedings including proceedings relating to Chips Petitions, claims of dependency and neglect, termination of parental rights and delinquency; and Residential Real Estate purchases and sales
- Settlement Conference Referee
- Hennepin County District Court
- Handled Settlement Conference proceedings in family court cased as assigned, held conferences to discuss pending issues and to explore settlement of proceedings with counsel and pro se parties, took default testimony and granted dissolution of marriage in settled cases, issued orders related to outstanding discovery issues and related matters, referred parties for further proceedings depending on particulars of each case
- Mediator, Ramsey County Mediation Project
- Ramsey County District Court
- Mediated Family Law cases as assigned by Ramsey County District Court, met with parties and counsel, when appropriate, to mediate and reach settlement of assigned pending divorce proceedings
- Attorney at Law
- Kennedy Law Office
- Represented clients in the field of divorce and family law; estate planning, wills and trusts, probate administration, drafting Powers of Attorney, Living Wills and Health Care Declarations and related documents; Juvenile Law proceedings; and sales and purchases of residential real estate
- Assistant County Attorney
- Mille Lacs County Attorney's Office
- Handled all IV-D and family law matters for the county including all child support, paternity and contempt proceedings; handled juvenile proceedings for the county including dependency, neglect and termination of parental rights proceedings as well as delinquency proceedings; handled misdemeanor and felony prosecutions for the county; represented the county in welfare appeals and other financial issues; represented the county's interests in pending probate proceedings
- Hamline University School of Law
- J.D. | Law
- Honors: Member of Law Review, Dean's List
- Activities: Treasurer Student Bar Association, Captain of Annual Student-Faculty Powderpuff Football Game
- University of Minnesota - Morris
- B.A. | Psychology
- Honors: Dean's List
- Activities: All University Senate, International Study and Travel Coordinator, Columnist for Student Newspaper
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Site Leadership Council, Patrick Henry High School
- Member, Former Co-Chair of Council
- - Current
- Tubman/Chrysalis Center
- Law Clinic Attorney
- - Current
- Domestic Abuse Project
- Former Vice Chair and Member, Board of Directors