Seacoast Law Founder and Senior Counsel, Mary-Anne Martell is a native Mainer whose varied life and professional experience brings an unparalleled level of understanding and service to her clients. During the 1970s, she worked as a welder, building turbine steam nuclear re-heaters for General Electric in South Portland and was very active in the union. Later, she spent eight years at Burnham & Morrill in Portland. Among other tasks, Mary-Anne spent her first year there "putting the pork" in the cans of beans. It was during her tenure at the bean factory that she found herself the sole provider of three small children pushing her into pursuing further education. Mary-Anne graduated summa cum laude from the University of Southern Maine with a Bachelor's Degree and earned her Juris Doctorate from the University of Maine School of Law. While pursing her education and raising children, Mary-Anne ran a local catering business, worked for Tom Andrews' congressional office, and was selected as a Maine Policy Scholar under the mentorship of the Honorable Frank M. Coffin of the First Circuit Court of Appeals. Mary-Anne is admitted to the Maine State Bar, the United States District Court, and the United States Court of Appeals. She is a member of the Maine State Bar Association and the Cumberland County Bar Association. She is a rostered guardian ad litem for the Maine Court System in her advocacy work for the children of Maine. She previously sat on the Family Law Advisory Commission and formerly served as former Governor John Baldacci's appointee to the Maine State Harness Racing Commission. A business owner who practices law, Mary-Anne provides her clients with real life experience in the world of business coupled with 18 years of legal practice.
- Business Law
- Estate Planning
- Landlord Tenant
- Real Estate Law
- Equine Law
- Small Claims
- Corporate Law
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
Visa, MasterCard, American Express & Discover
- 1st Circuit
- Federal Circuit
- Founder & Senior Counsel
- Seacoast Law
- - Current
- Founded by Principal and Senior Counsel, Mary-Anne Martell, Seacoast Law & Title is a three attorney Maine law practice with locations at 240 Main Street in the city of Westbrook and 34 Center Street in the city of Auburn. Offering "city sophistication with small town service," Seacoast Law & Title offers legal representation in family law, estate planning, corporations, real estate law and bankruptcy. Seacoast Law & Title also offers abstracting, title examinations as well as residential and commercial settlement closings.
- Martell & Associates, PA
- Full service law firm located in Westbrook, Maine offering family law, real estate, social security appeals, equine law, & bankruptcy
- Kaldro & Martell, P.A.
- General practice specializing in real estate, family law, bankruptcy, criminal defense, & civil litigation
- University of Maine School of Law
- J.D. / Law
- Honors: Criminal Law Practicum
- University of Maine - University of Southern Maine
- B.A. / Philosophy
- Honors: Summa cum laude; Honors in Philosophy; Congressional Intern 1990-1991; Maine Policy Scholars 1991-1992
- Maine Professional Business Women, Inc.
- - Current
- Activities: Maine Professional Business Women, Inc., provides networking, education, resources and support for professional women in the Greater Portland area.
- National Association of Professional Women, Inc.
- President- Greater Portland Chapter
- - Current
- Maine Harness Racing Commission
- Activities: Governor Baldacci's appointment to the Maine Harness Racing Commission.
- Side Bar
- U.S. Startups Near 40-Year Low
26 October 2016
- The Hottest Start-Up Market? Baby Boomers
5 October 2016
- Maine's Clean Medical Marijuana: "Organic" in Disguise
30 September 2016
- Yahoo Hack: What It Means For Small Business
27 September 2016
- Protecting Your Business & Bank Account If Clients Don't Pay
26 September 2016
- Selling a Business Involves More Than Money
23 September 2016
- Transporting the Dead: A Booming but Lightly Regulated Industry
3 September 2016
- Six Smart Business Ideas For Retirees
29 August 2016
- 5 Reasons to Mine Your Existing Customer Base
13 August 2016