Claimed Lawyer Profile
- Business Law
- Environmental Law
- Estate Planning
- Landlord Tenant
Additional Practice Area
- General Civil
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Attorney and Counselor at Law
- Champlin Law Firm
- - Current
- At present, I am a sole practitioner. My primary practice focus is on: Business organizations, contracts and transactions, and succession planning; Wills, trusts and probate; Commercial and residential real estate transactions; Collections, selected business litigation, and insurance defense.
- RadioShack (formerly Tandy) Corporation
- (Staff Attorney, 1991-93; General Corporate Counsel and Manager of Corporate Law Section, 1993-98; Director, Year 2000 Readiness Project, 1998-2000; Senior Director, Corporate Compliance & Risk Management Department, 2000-01) I served as a Corporate Staff Attorney and rose to General Corporate Counsel (now called Associate General Counsel-Corporate). As General Corporate Counsel, I supervised and led the Corporate Section's staff of 10. We provided quality legal services to the company and its domestic and foreign divisions and subsidiaries in all standard and nonstandard contracts, business transactions and corporate governance matters. I was appointed as Director - Year 2000 Readiness Project in December 1998 by the President and CEO. My directive was to reorganize and direct company's worldwide Y2K project and contingency planning as a business issue. I led a focused team of 15 Strategic Task Force officers and managers from all business segments worldwide. Following the conclusion and wrap-up of the Year 2000 Project, I was promoted to Senior Director â Corporate Compliance & Risk Management. In that role, I created a new legal and ethical compliance program, INTEGRITYPlus, including its mission, vision and program statement, initial risk assessment, and monitoring and training programs in accordance with legal and industry standards of best corporate governance practices. In addition,I was responsible, with the Director of Risk Management and Facility Managers,for compliance with Local, State and Federal regulation of solid and hazardous waste generation, handling, storage, transportation and disposal at manufacturing and distribution facilities in Texas, California, Utah, Iowa, Missouri, Illinois, North Carolina, and Virginia, and at retail locations nationwide. The facilities were large quantity, small quantity and conditionally exempt small quantity generators. With the Director of Risk Management and staff, I also managed environmental health and safety inspection programs and a multi-million dollar large deductible insurance program (property, liability and worker's compensation purchase, self insurance, claims management, property loss and casualty response, and risk control).
- Law, Snakard & Gambill, PC
- I began as an Associate Attorney and rose to Partner/Shareholder. My extensive law practice included business, banking and commercial transactions, insurance broker and agent transactions, state and federal litigation, real estate transactions (including development, financing, conveyances, title insurance and title insurance defense), estate planning and probate.
- Texas Tech University
- Doctor of Jurisprudence/Juris Doctor (J.D.)
- Texas State Bar  # 04086500
- - Current
- Activities: Licensed Texas Attorney April 1973, State Bar of Texas No. 04086500 (AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell and In Good Standing); Certified Attorney Ad Litem/Guardian Ad Litem in Probate Matters by the State Bar of Texas.
- Attorney Ad Litem/Guardian Ad Litem
- State Bar of Texas
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map