Free Consultation: (319) 820-0444Tap to Call This Lawyer
Mark Thompson

Mark Thompson

Criminal Law, OWI, DUI, Drugs, Fake ID Expert
  • Criminal Law, DUI & DWI
  • Iowa
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileOffers Video ConferencingQ&ASocial Media

Mark Thompson, Attorney at Law is a lawyer located in Iowa City, Iowa practicing primarily in criminal law. This includes OWI / DUI and drug law cases. Mr. Thompson offers free consultations for all OWI / DUI / drunk driving, alcohol-related and drug possession charges that are pending in the Iowa City / Johnson County area. When hiring a lawyer for an OWI / DUI case make sure that lawyer practices in both the criminal court and the Iowa DOT licensing side of the case. Mr. Thompson handles both. Mr. Thompson's law firm has 1,000+ successful outcomes for local cases, including dismissals and deferred judgments. Please give him a call to discuss your case for free.

Practice Areas
    Criminal Law
    Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
    DUI & DWI
Video Conferencing
  • Zoom
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    All major credit cards accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Most cases are taken on flat fee basis.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Iowa State Bar Association
- Current
Criminal Law Section
Dean Mason Ladd American Inn of Court
University of Iowa
J.D. | Law
University of Iowa Logo
Luther College
B.A. | Computer Science
Placeholder image for education.
Client Champion Gold
Martindale Nolo
Professional Associations
Iowa State Bar Association
Member - Criminal law
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Dean Mason Ladd American Inn of Court
Barrister Member
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Speaking Engagements
Presenter, Crisis Intervention Training for Law Enforcement, Iowa City, IA
Johnson County Sheriff’s Office
Websites & Blogs
Thompson Law Office
Notable Cases
Client Testimonials
Lawyer Bio
Legal Answers
4 Questions Answered
Q. I really need help earase my past. I made mistakes 10 yrs ago for theft. can someone help
A: Under Iowa law, the only way to expunge an old theft conviction is if you had received a deferred judgment at the time of the original sentence. Otherwise there is nothing that can be done.
Q. Can i be charged with possession of controlled substance that was found during search warrant when it was not listed on
A: Yes. If police arrive with a valid warrant, and find evidence of an unexpected crime, that evidence can be used against you.
Q. If one accepts a plea at a pretrial conference when does the sentence begin?
A: Once the judge signs the judgment order. For misdemeanors, this often occurs on paper as long as you waived a sentencing hearing. For felonies a separate sentencing hearing is often required to be held. If you do not receive anything from your attorney or the court within a few days, make sure to contact the clerk of court.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
308 E Burlington St #147
Iowa City, IA 52240
Telephone: (319) 820-0444
Monday: 8 AM - 4:30 PM
Tuesday: 8 AM - 4:30 PM
Wednesday: 8 AM - 4:30 PM
Thursday: 8 AM - 4:30 PM
Friday: 8 AM - 4:30 PM (Today)
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.