Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII SilverBlawgsearch
- Energy, Oil and Gas
- Insurance Claims
- Personal Injury
Additional Practice Areas
- Deceptive Trade Practices
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Free Consultation
- Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- Managing Attorney
- Law Office of Mark S. Humphreys
- University of Texas - Arlington
- Texas Wesleyan University School of Law - Texas Wesleyan University
- Texas State Bar # 00789762
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Texas State Bar Oil & Gas & Energy Law Section
- Texas State Bar Insurance Bar Section
- Local County and City Bar Associations
- State Bar College
Websites & Blogs
- Mark S. Humphreys' Website Profile
- Law Office of Mark S. Humphreys Website
- Dallas Fort Worth Insurance Lawyer Blog
- Get Experts For A Hail Damage Claim
28 July 2016
- What Is An "Occurrence" In An Insurance Policy?
26 July 2016
- Knowledge Of Policy And The Law
24 July 2016
- Discussions With Insurance Adjusters
23 July 2016
- Double Check Your Insurance Agent
21 July 2016
- Does An Insurance Agent Have A Duty To Obtain Additional Coverage
19 July 2016
- Agent Does Not Have To Inform About Terms Of Coverage
17 July 2016
- Does An Agent Have To Tell The Customer About Exclusions?
16 July 2016
- Reservation Of Rights Letter
14 July 2016
7 Questions Answered
- Q. My health insurance was canceled because bank didnt make the payment.
- A: This does not appear to be insurance bad faith law. You may have a claim against your bank depending on exactly what happened. Many more details are needed.
- Q. My daughter and young son were rear-ended last November. The other driver's insur. co.Allstate, still has not paid claim
- A: If you submitted a request to them to pay and they have not, then you will need an attorney to get involved. It may be necessary to file a lawsuit. Allstate is one of the more difficult companies to deal with when making a personal injury claim.
- Q. In Texas - Does filing suit preserve my claim or must I file and serve?
- A: You must file suit within the applicable statute of limitations or your case may be over with. In addition to filing suit, you must use "due diligence" in getting the legal papers served on the defendant. In other words you can not just sit around and be proud that you timely filed the lawsuit.
- Q. There was an unmarked spill on the ground at Safeway and I slipped and banged my knee, it still hurts, do I have a case?
- A: It depends - As an attorney I would want to know how obvious the spill was to a passerby, plus were there any warning signs, how long the spill had been on the floor, has Safeway had an opportunity to clean the spill before you slipped, how did the spill get on the ground. Depending on the answers to those questions, an attorney should be able to give advice on the merits of the case.
- Q. I need $20,000 for personal needs , I have a multi-million dollar lawsuit pending , can my lawyers front me the money ?
- A: In Texas, it would be improper for an attorney to front you money for personal needs as the may, depending on the circumstances, violate ethical rules that attorneys have to abide by.
- Q. WHAT HAPPENS IF I FILE A LAWSUIT WITH A MAJOR COMPANY AND THEY DONT RESPOND DO I AUTOMATIC WIN THE CASE
- A: The answer is: It depends! Sounds like an answer you would get from an attorney doesn't it. Well, it's the truth. Did you get proper service on the defendant and get proof of service filed with the court? Do you have the proof required to take a default judgment? There are a few other things that may be required, depending on the requirements of the court your case was filed in. You can check with the court coordinator to find out the particular requirements of the court or check their online web site. Bottom line - get an attorney to review what has been done.
- Q. How do I go about filing a civil suit against a man that broke my nose and hurt my arm that is still affecting my daily
- A: That's easy and don't mean to sound crass, but get a lawyer. If you have a good case, you will be able to get an attorney to help you. If you do not have a good case, most lawyers will take the time to explain to you why they do not believe it is a good case.
Contact & Map