Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII SilverBlawgsearch
- Energy, Oil and Gas
- Insurance Claims
- Personal Injury
Additional Practice Areas
- Deceptive Trade Practices
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Free Consultation
- Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- Managing Attorney
- Law Office of Mark S. Humphreys
- University of Texas - Arlington
- Texas Wesleyan University School of Law - Texas Wesleyan University
- Texas State Bar # 00789762
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Texas State Bar Oil & Gas & Energy Law Section
- Texas State Bar Insurance Bar Section
- Local County and City Bar Associations
- State Bar College
Websites & Blogs
- Mark S. Humphreys' Website Profile
- Law Office of Mark S. Humphreys Website
- Dallas Fort Worth Insurance Lawyer Blog
- Llano County Property Owners – When Is A Fence Part Of Your Home
25 March 2017
- Can Someone In Fort Worth Sue An Insurance Company
23 March 2017
- Fort Worth – Delay In Paying Claim
21 March 2017
- Life Insurance And Citizenship Status And ERISA
19 March 2017
- Misrepresentation In Life Insurance Application
18 March 2017
- Hail Claims In Texas
16 March 2017
- What Is An Example Of Bad Faith Insurance?
14 March 2017
- Life Insurance Policy – Misrepresentation And Cause Of Death
12 March 2017
- Mason Life Insurance Lawyers
11 March 2017
7 Questions Answered
- Q. My health insurance was canceled because bank didnt make the payment.
- A: This does not appear to be insurance bad faith law. You may have a claim against your bank depending on exactly what happened. Many more details are needed.
- Q. My daughter and young son were rear-ended last November. The other driver's insur. co.Allstate, still has not paid claim
- A: If you submitted a request to them to pay and they have not, then you will need an attorney to get involved. It may be necessary to file a lawsuit. Allstate is one of the more difficult companies to deal with when making a personal injury claim.
- Q. In Texas - Does filing suit preserve my claim or must I file and serve?
- A: You must file suit within the applicable statute of limitations or your case may be over with. In addition to filing suit, you must use "due diligence" in getting the legal papers served on the defendant. In other words you can not just sit around and be proud that you timely filed the lawsuit.
- Q. There was an unmarked spill on the ground at Safeway and I slipped and banged my knee, it still hurts, do I have a case?
- A: It depends - As an attorney I would want to know how obvious the spill was to a passerby, plus were there any warning signs, how long the spill had been on the floor, has Safeway had an opportunity to clean the spill before you slipped, how did the spill get on the ground. Depending on the answers to those questions, an attorney should be able to give advice on the merits of the case.
- Q. I need $20,000 for personal needs , I have a multi-million dollar lawsuit pending , can my lawyers front me the money ?
- A: In Texas, it would be improper for an attorney to front you money for personal needs as the may, depending on the circumstances, violate ethical rules that attorneys have to abide by.
- Q. WHAT HAPPENS IF I FILE A LAWSUIT WITH A MAJOR COMPANY AND THEY DONT RESPOND DO I AUTOMATIC WIN THE CASE
- A: The answer is: It depends! Sounds like an answer you would get from an attorney doesn't it. Well, it's the truth. Did you get proper service on the defendant and get proof of service filed with the court? Do you have the proof required to take a default judgment? There are a few other things that may be required, depending on the requirements of the court your case was filed in. You can check with the court coordinator to find out the particular requirements of the court or check their online web site. Bottom line - get an attorney to review what has been done.
- Q. How do I go about filing a civil suit against a man that broke my nose and hurt my arm that is still affecting my daily
- A: That's easy and don't mean to sound crass, but get a lawyer. If you have a good case, you will be able to get an attorney to help you. If you do not have a good case, most lawyers will take the time to explain to you why they do not believe it is a good case.
Contact & Map