Free Consultation: (941) 373-0066Tap to Call This Lawyer
Mark Siegel

Mark Siegel

Siegel Law Firm - Chase Bank Building - Sarasota, FL 34236
  • Business Law, Estate Planning, Probate...
  • Florida
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Graduate of Georgetown Univ. Law Center, both J.D. and Taxation Masters, Vanderbilt University and Sarasota High School, Mark practices primarily in the areas of commercial law and litigation, estate planning and probate, probate litigation and real estate and real estate litigation. If interested, please contact our office for a consultation.

Practice Areas
  • Business Law
  • Estate Planning
  • Probate
  • Real Estate Law
  • Tax Law
  • Foreclosure Defense
Additional Practice Areas
  • Civil and Commercial Court Cases
  • Civil and Commercial Litigation
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    PayPal, Apple Pay
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Federal Circuit
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Sarasota Bar Association
- Current
Florida Bar Association
- Current
Georgetown University Law Center
J.D. / Masters of Laws in Taxation (1986)
Honors: Graduated with Honors
Vanderbilt University
B.A. / Economics - Business Administration (1980)
Honors: Magna Cum Laude
Activities: Debate Team
Superb Rated
9.7 / 10.0
Professional Associations
Sarasota Bar Association
- Current
Florida State Bar # 382736
- Current
Speaking Engagements
Estate Planning, Sarasota, FL
Association of Caregivers
Gave presentation to caregivers about estate planning issues affecting their clients.
Websites & Blogs
Siegel Law Firm
Legal Answers
51 Questions Answered

Q. Trading in a car
A: The good news is that the car loan your father signed most likely needs to be paid off in order for title to the car to be transferred. The answer to your question about whether your father needs to sign the title depends upon how the car was titled. There are many possibilities. The key is getting the original car loan paid off.
Q. I signed a Business lease 2 days before and today the city hall told me i can have my kind of business there. What i do?
A: Would see the lease, of course, but there may be a termination provision about law violations.
Q. My dog ended up having a heat stroke on pet sitters watch and died. Contract was signed. Who has to pay medical bills?
A: As you might imagine, more information is needed to give you proper advice. What did the contract say? What was the extent of the pet sitters responsibilities? Who had custody of your dog? You may have a claim, but one cannot give an answer without more facts.
Q. Is there an amount that can be recovered in addition to atty's fees & costs if suit is brought for nonpayment (ie 3x)?
A: Court costs and allowable fees and expenses. There are statutes that provide for treble damages, such as criminal acts like theft or bad checks, but a payment dispute does not usually qualify. Since you state that the dispute is over a construction contract, you may be able to file a lien against real property if you meet the requirements.
Q. Flood insurance renewed without consent,policy went from $425 to $7000. Is this force placed insurance? Never notified
A: Of course, you are addressing your mortgage and the bank or other mortgagee. The mortgage has notification requirements and other applicable provisions. Would have to see your mortgage. Would also have to see escrow statements. I have personally seen a number of fored placed flood insurance policies with the lenders receiving full refunds. Also of course, cannot guarantee any, much less that, result in your case. But, you should contact the lender/servicer of your mortgage. Telephone conversations do not count. Everything needs to be in writing or confirmed by email.
Q. A final judgment was entered Dec. 2012 and sale date set for March 2013 but it never went to sale. What can I do?
A: The Final Judgment is most likely a lien on the property that a subsequent party would take the property subject to the lien. The only good news is that the mortgage would be merged into the Final Judgment, which could expire sooner. You should be able to negotiate with the plaintiff for an amount to satisfy the Final Judgment.
Q. Basically she didn't want to answer because she didn't want to tell the truth can I get out of contract
A: If your contract to purchase the real property contained language about title issues, then you only have a limited time to report title defects. In your case, it sounds like an encroachment problem. You would need a survey to prove your contention. Once again, it is very important to read your contract and provide the seller and seller's agent about the defect in title.
Q. Breach of contract
A: It sounds as if the other party has breached the contract. But, of course, I would have to review the contract. It seems that your damages would be the contract price. Repossession of the puppy? Based upon your description, there is no puppy, so how could you repossess it? Another question to consider is how would you collect upon a judgment?
Q. I am a plaintiff in a small claims(court date in a week) and just received a motion to dismiss. Do I need to respond?
A: You do not have to respond. But, you should be prepared at the trial because it will be brought up then.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Chase Bank Building
240 N Washington Blvd
Suite 450
Sarasota, FL 34236
Telephone: (941) 373-0066
Fax: (941) 373-0099