- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Insurance Claims
- Free Consultation
- English: Spoken, Written
- Senior Associate
- McKiggan Hebert Lawyers
- Dalhousie University
- Dalhousie Law School, Dalhousie University
- Bachelor of Laws Degree
- Leading Practitioner in the Personal Injury field
- Lexpert Canadian Legal Directory
- Dartmouth District Minor Baseball Association
- Board Member
- Atlantic Provinces Trial Lawyers Association
- Nova Scotia Barristers' Society
- Dartmouth North Central Baseball Club
- Vice President
- - Current
Websites & Blogs
- Mark Raftus' Website Profile
- McKiggan Hebert Lawyers Website
- Halifax Medical Malpractice Lawyer Blog
- Is Neonatal Cooling Potential Evidence of Medical Malpractice?
9 July 2018
- You are more likely to die if you are admitted to the hospital on the weekend: Medical malpractice claims in Canada
12 February 2018
- Delayed Cancer Diagnosis Can Give Rise to a Medical Malpractice Claim in Canada
18 September 2017
- Client Success Story: Cullan Chisholm heads to T.O. for National Challenger Baseball Jamboree
30 June 2016
- Misdiagnosis of Neck/Back Pain can lead to Medical Malpractice Claims
4 November 2015
- Most People will be misdiagnosed in their lifetime: Why aren’t doctors more concerned?
25 September 2015
- Doctor Tries to Shut Down Med Malpractice Lawsuit by Suing Victim’s Lawyers: Frank v. Legate et. al.
22 September 2015
- What’s the most dangerous time to go to the hospital? The answer may surprise you.
11 September 2015
- Informed consent in medical malpractice claims.
10 February 2015
- Halifax Personal Injury Lawyer Blog
- Living like “A Normal Family”: Raising a Child with a Birth Injury
19 July 2018
- Largest LGBTQ Settlement Ever Proposed Secured by John McKiggan and LGBT Purge Legal Team
17 July 2018
- The Brain Injury Association of Nova Scotia needs our help!
19 September 2017
- How much time do I have to file my injury claim in Nova Scotia? Dyack v. Lincoln
31 August 2017
- Supreme Court of Canada says psych report not required to recover damages for mental injury: Saadati v. Moorhead.
2 June 2017
- “My Neighbour’s Dog Bit My Child. What Can I Do?”
26 April 2017
- Good news from the Supreme Court of Canada for injured victims of underinsured drivers
17 February 2017
- Is my Nova Scotia “Minor Injury” claim capped at $7500.00?
3 February 2017
- Let’s help make pedestrians safer on Spring Garden Road in Halifax
30 June 2016
- Atlantic Canada Personal Injury Lawyer
- Supreme Court of Canada clarifies law for malpractice victims: Ediger v. Johnston
4 April 2013
- End Distracted Driving presentation at Eric Graves JHS
21 March 2013
- Supreme Court of Canada Rules on Hate Speech vs. Free Speech: Saskatchewan v. Whatcott
4 March 2013
- Hypothermia May Benefit Brain Injury Victims
20 February 2013
- “Calling Dr. Google” : Healthcare in the internet age.
30 January 2013
- "Why won't my travel medical insurance pay my claim?" Advice for Canadians travelling South
28 January 2013
- Oprah on Armstrong: She doesn’t understand the meaning of “hero”.
25 January 2013
- Do Insurance Adjusters Treat Accident Victims Fairly?
24 January 2013
- Supreme Court of Canada Clarifies Law of Duress: Or does it?
18 January 2013
Contact & Map