Mark L. Van Valkenburgh has been practicing law in Central Florida since 1995. The vast majority of his practice has been in the area of employment law. While he has won significant jury trials on behalf of plaintiffs and defendants, his practice now focuses on helping employers proactively avoid litigation. Services include:
• Drafting, review and revising of Employee Handbooks and other policies which not only comply with the law but are customized to your business.
• Negotiating and drafting Employment Agreements.
• Negotiating and drafting Confidentiality, Non-Solicitation and Non-Compete Agreements.
• Flat fee retainer arrangements to respond to employers’ unlimited telephone calls and e-mails of questions regarding employment laws, possible hiring, disciplinary and termination decisions, and disputes with or between employees.
• Employee classifications under the Fair Labor Standards Act and drafting accurate job descriptions in accordance with such classifications.
• Management and employee training.
• Internal investigations of discrimination or harassment.
• Representation before government agencies, working with employers to respond to EEOC Charges of Discrimination, Wage and Hour audits, and unemployment claims.
Mark is AV rated by Martindale Hubbell and has been certified as a mediator for Circuit Court matters by the Florida Supreme Court and for all civil matters in the United States District Court for the Middle and Southern Districts of Florida since 2009. He mediates not only employment disputes but also matters related to real estate, probate, non-competes, trade secrets and commercial litigation.