Claimed Lawyer Profile
- Criminal Law
- DUI & DWI
- Traffic Tickets
The initial 30 minute consultation is free. After the initial consultation the prospective client will be charged $25 per every 15 minutes in addition to the 30 minute consultation.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- 6th Circuit
- Federal Circuit
- Federal Circuit
- Of Counsel
- Walton & Brown, LLP
- - Current
- Handle criminal, traffic and OVI/DUI misdemeanor and felony referrals for firm throughout the state of Ohio.
- Skinner & Associates, L.L.C.
- Associate Attorney where I handled criminal, traffic, DUI matters for the firm in Franklin County in addition to court appointed criminal referrals from Licking and Delaware Counties on misdemeanor and felony criminal matters.
- General Counsel
- IAP Government Services Group
- Served as General Counsel for Innovative Architectural Planners Government Services Group, a construction management firm headquartered in Columbus, Ohio. My responsibilities included but were not limited to: negotiating commercial lease agreements, working in a coordinated effort with human resources to resolve labor and employment disputes with employees and ensure compliance with employment handbook by employees, reviewing subcontractor agreements on individual projects managed by the company, as well as settling disputes with judgment creditors on behalf of company.
- Assistant City Prosecutor
- Columbus,Ohio City Attorney’s Office
- I previously served as an Assistant City Prosecutor for the Columbus,Ohio City Attorney’s Office where I handled numerous jury trials and bench trials for misdemeanor criminal and traffic offenses. Cases ranged from minor misdemeanor traffic violations to OVI/DUI to simple assault and domestic violence and a penalty range of a monetary fine of $150 fine to six(6) months in jail. My experience included handling numerous motion/suppression hearings on 4th and 5th amendment issues on search and seizure and Miranda as well as administrative license issues where procedural due process is at issue.
- Capital University Law School
- J.D. (1995) | ABA Accredited Law School Curriculum
- Ohio State University - Columbus
- M.A. (1992) | African and African American Studies
- Hampton University
- B.S. (1989) | Finance
- Ohio State Bar
- Columbus Bar Association
- Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Websites & Blogs
- Marcus A. Ross Attorney at Law LPA
Contact & Map