Claimed Lawyer ProfileOffers Video ChatQ&ALII PlatinumResponsive Law
- Family Law
- Real Estate Law
Video Chat and Conferencing
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- English: Spoken, Written
- Spanish: Spoken, Written
- Founding Attorney
- The Law Office of Marco A. Torres
- University of California Hastings College of the Law
- J.D. (1999)
- University of California - Santa Cruz
- B.A. (1996) | Philosophy
- San Diego's Top Attorneys
- San Diego Metro Magazine - SD Metro
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- California Lawyer's Association
- San Diego County Bar Association
- California State Bar  # 214805
- - Current
18 Questions Answered
- Q. I signed a lease for six months and want to get out in three. How do I go about that?
- A: Depends on your lease and whether it has an early exit clause and/or a defect that the lease would be rendered invalid. We don’t have enough information to give more specific information- but if neither of the above exists then your best bet may be to negotiate an early exist payment.
- Q. I pay child support to my ex for our daughter, she has sole physical and legal custody of her. Today the judge approved
- A: In order to stop the child support garnishment you need to file for modification of child support and it will only be modified after a court order. Any modification entered after the filing of the request for modification will be retroactive to the date of filing and you will be entitled to a credit and/or reimbursement for over-payment.
- Q. how may I lift a DVRO that requires me to move out of my home while the title is being contested in quiet tile case?
- A: There is insufficient information to determine where you are in the DVRO process - is it a temporary restraining order pending a hearing or has a hearing been held and a restraining order after hearing been entered. If the DVRO is currently temporary then you will need to successfully defend the DVRO at the scheduled hearing, or a subsequent evidentiary hearing if you determine 20 minutes to defend against the temporary.
Contact & Map