M. Nicole Clooten

M. Nicole Clooten

Divorce, Custody, Family Law. Hermiston Pendleton Umatilla County Oregon Attorne
  • Divorce, Family Law
  • Oregon
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

I live and work in Pendleton, OR, and also practice out of our Hermiston Office Location. I specialize in Family Law, including divorce, custody, parenting time, spousal and child support, asset division, and more. I offer low cost consultations and provide dedicated service to my clients. Experience the difference my legal services provide.

Practice Areas
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Experience
Clooten Law, LLC
- Current
Associate Attorney
Grable Hantke & Hansen
University of Oregon School of Law
J.D. (2013) | Family Law
University of Oregon School of Law Logo
University of Colorado - Boulder
B.S. (2006) | English Literature
University of Colorado - Boulder Logo
Professional Associations
Oregon State Bar  # 133722
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Clooten Law, LLC - Divorce, Custody, Bankruptcy
Clooten Law, LLC - Blog
Legal Answers
37 Questions Answered
Q. I’m attempting to get more parenting time (overnights specifically) and lower my exorbitant child support in Oregon.
A: The main question that I have is whether there is an existing parenting time order or judgment. If there is and it specifically allows this parenting time, mother's refusal is a violation of that order or judgment. If there is not, you would need to file a petition to establish custody and parenting time to get one in place. The Department of Child Support will only establish child support, not parenting time.
Q. My son's father has sole custody. He uses drugs everyday. How do I get the court to order a hair follicle test?
A: In order to file a motion for a hair follicle test, you would need to file for a modification of custody. You would file a separate motion for a hair follicle test, typically after the order to show cause is signed depending on the facts of your case. Keep in mind, the other party has to have an opportunity to object to the motion.
Q. What can I do as a pregnant teen, if the father of my child wants to sue me for full custody of our unborn child?
A: The first question that I have is how old is your boyfriend? There could be some criminal liability on his part. Each parent has a claim to custody of the child, but the court gives a lot of weight to the primary caretaker of the child. Obviously there is no primary caretaker at this point, as the child is not born. There are many factors that the court will take into account but ultimately will make a ruling that is "in the best interests of the child." Each party would show the court why they think that they should have custody of the child, and what the parenting time plan should be for the child to ensure that the child has contact with both parties. However, the initial question of whether a crime was committed needs to be answered. ... Read More
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Clooten Law, LLC - Pendleton
433 S Main
Pendleton, OR 97801
Telephone: (541) 667-7993
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.