Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
- Education Law
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- New Jersey
- New York
- 3rd Circuit
- New York Law School
- J.D. (1994)
- Pace University
- B.B.A. (1991) | Management & Entrepreneurship
- New Jersey Special Education Practitioners
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Council of Parent Attorneys and Advocates
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Mediation and Due Process , Child Means Child presentation on Special Education Law , Offices of Child Means Child
- Child Means Child
- Know Your Rights , Clifton P.R.A.I.S.E. , Allwood Library, Clifton NJ
- Child Means Child
- Panel Member, presenting on the dispute resolution process
- Special Education Due Process Program , Parents New to Special Education , Teaneck Public Library Auditorium
- Melody Arons Center For Applied Preschool and Education Research
- Panel Member, presenting on dispute resolution
- Certificate in Special Education Advocacy
- William & Mary Marshall-Wythe School of Law
13 Questions Answered
- Q. Is the school district part of the local Government?
- A: The school district is considered a part of the local government. Public schools are funded by local taxes and are run by elected officials.
- Q. What is the statue of limitations in cases that involve special education?
- A: The Statute of Limitations in special education matters is two years from when the parents "knew or should have known" about the violation(s), and the remedy is not limited to the two year period preceding the filing, rather the entire period of the violation may be remedied so long as a petition was timely filed.
- Q. Can I request a special needs evaluation for my kid at any time during the school year?
- A: Absolutely, yes! Be sure to make the request in writing as the timeline within which they must meet with you to discuss the nature and scope of the evaluation starts to run the day they receive your written request. I like to hand deliver these types of letters, and have someone at school sign and date when it was received.
Contact & Map