Lisa Durham TaylorStembridge Taylor LLC
- Employment Law, Appeals & Appellate, Business Law ...
Lisa’s client-centered law practice includes advice, counseling, and litigation in all aspects of labor and employment law as well as general business law advice, document drafting and litigation of business disputes. She also utilizes her expertise in legal research and writing and knowledge of the appellate process to provide top-notch representation in civil appeals in both state and federal courts. Most recently, Lisa became registered through the Georgia Office of Dispute Resolution as a mediator and arbitrator, and she brings her wide range of legal experience and her ability to see and understand all sides of a dispute to assist other parties and their attorneys with resolution out of court.
Lisa’s law-practice philosophy begins with developing personal client relationships, whether they are owners/operators of small or mid-sized businesses, in-house general counsel or human resources professionals in large corporations, or individuals. She learns what the client needs and understands their goals, then applies careful, well-informed legal analysis to bring about the best possible result, whether advising on compliance and decision-making or resolving disputes through trial or appellate litigation. Although Lisa’s approach is collaborative and practical, her competitive nature fuels her desire to achieve victory in whatever form that may take given the context of the legal matter at hand. She is a tenacious litigator and skilled negotiator when the circumstances call for it, and she demands personal perfection in all aspects of her law practice, while priding herself on maintaining utmost professionalism at all times.
Prior to partnering with John to form Stembridge Taylor in 2021, Lisa operated her own law firm for nearly six years, providing many of the same services that she now brings to her partnership. She began her career as an associate in the labor and employment group at Alston & Bird LLP and taught law school for 12 years.
- Employment Law
- Employment Contracts, Employment Discrimination, ERISA, Overtime & Unpaid Wages, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
- Appeals & Appellate
- Civil Appeals, Federal Appeals
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Business Arbitration
- English: Spoken, Written
- Founding Partner
- Stembridge Taylor LLC
- - Current
- Founding Partner of Stembridge Taylor LLC, a boutique firm specializing in employment law and offering a range of litigation, counseling, advice, document drafting and and policy development services to businesses of all sizes and stages and to select individuals. Stembridge Taylor also provides skilled expertise in civil appeals and neutral services in mediation and arbitration.
- Durham Taylor LLC
- Solo law practice offering employment law services, litigation consulting, and appellate representation.
- Professor of Law
- Atlanta's John Marshall Law School
- Teaches courses in Civil Procedure and Employment Law
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Labor & employment law practice group
- The University of Georgia School of Law
- J.D. (2000)
- Honors: cum laude
- Activities: Law Review (Executive Articles Editor); Moot Court Board
- Cornell University
- B.A. (1995) | American Public Policy & Diversity
- Georgia State Bar
- - Current
- Stembridge Taylor LLC
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.