Leslie Starr Barrows

Leslie Starr Barrows

Barrows Firm, P.C.
  • Criminal Law, Divorce, DUI & DWI ...
  • Texas
Review This Lawyer
Reviewed by Adrian E. June 17, 2020
Overcharged And Took Advantage Of Me
When I complained about Barrows incompetence, the opposing attorney came to her defense. That’s when you know something is fishy. Barrow’s overcharged me, kept me in the dark, and now threatening me to pay her for doing nothing! Her invoices show little to no detail for her costs. Seemed like copy/paste charges. Barrows never kept me in the loop about the case until the day of the hearing. That is unacceptable. Ft. Worth ~ Judge Hennigan will use supervised visitation to punish parents and that is not lawful. Judge Hennigan told all attorney’s that he'd never grant 50/50 custody orders and he prefers mothers over fathers. All Ft. Worth attorneys know this. So why would Barrows charge me over $16,000 to fight for equal custody of my kids when she knew I was destined to lose? I could have gotten the same results from a young lawyer for $500! Hennigan will only give out one type of custody order: one parent gets 80% and the other 20% custody no matter how much you pay in attorney fees. I had retained Barrows for almost 8 months and she never told me what was going on. She didn’t tell me what was going on until a few minutes before the court hearing! She never prepared me. She never sought evidence to prove my case. She let the other side present all the evidence and then just rolled over when it was our turn to make our case. I lost because Barrows didn’t do her job. Now I have to find a way to fix her mistakes. She took advantage of me. Her arguments were weak and basically amounted to nothing.
Claimed Lawyer ProfileSocial Media
Biography

The Barrows Firm provides effective solutions in high conflict divorce cases, criminal and juvenile criminal matters, probate, guardianship and more.

Practice Areas
    Criminal Law
    Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
    Divorce
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    DUI & DWI
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Juvenile Law
    Probate
    Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
    White Collar Crime
    Cannabis & Marijuana Law
    Marijuana Business Formation, Medical Marijuana
Fees
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    We accept all credit cards.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Texas
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Federal Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Languages
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Managing Partner
Barrows Firm, P.C.
- Current
Education
Oklahoma City University
Doctor of Jurisprudence/Juris Doctor (J.D.)
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
Texas State Bar  # 24048343
Member
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Contact & Map
Barrows Firm
520 E. Southlake Blvd.
Suite 140
Southlake, TX 76092
Toll-Free: (817) 481-1583
Fax: (817) 912-1727
Monday: 8:30 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday: 8:30 AM - 5 PM (Today)
Wednesday: 8:30 AM - 5 PM
Thursday: 8:30 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 8:30 AM - 12 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed
Notice: Phones answered 24/7 and messages returned the next day.
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.