Lee Wood Borden

Lee Wood Borden

  • Divorce, Family Law
  • Alabama
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ABlawg Search

My name is Lee Borden. I’m a 63 year-old white male and a recovering glutton. I am a divorce lawyer and subsistence farmer near Tallassee, Alabama. Because I have a virtual practice, I provide services to people around the world. I am blessed to love my work.

If you want to reach me, I prefer you use e-mail, and you will almost always get faster service by e-mail.

Practice Areas
Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Please see http://divorceinfo.com/?s=flat+rates
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Illinois, University of
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
Alabama State Bar
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Divorceinfo.com, my web site
Legal Answers
2 Questions Answered
Q. How long does an uncontested Alabama divorce take? Can one or both be in another state as I file?
A: The documents can be prepared the same day. After you and your spouse sign them, expect the divorce to be effective within about six weeks.

No problem for one or both of you to be in another state or even another country, but at least one of you must maintain your domicile (your permanent home) in Alabama.

Hard to say about your retirement. The whole idea of an uncontested divorce is that you and your spouse are able to reach agreement on how to divide your assets, debts, income, and expenses. There's lots of information available on my web site and others about these kinds of questions in Alabama. You and your spouse can read it together and see if you can't reach agreement on a plan that makes sense to both of you.

The answer is the same on alimony. Go gather some information and see if you can't reach agreement together.
... Read More
Q. I can I get a divorce with kids without spouse signing paper? Domestic Violence is a factor
A: Yes, you can get a divorce. There are two ways of approaching it. If you know where your spouse lives, you can serve your spouse with legal process and commence the divorce. If you do not know where your spouse lives and cannot learn his or her residence using the information sources available to you, you can apply to the court to get service by publication in the newspaper that serves your community.

All this can get expensive. If domestic violence is an issue in your marriage, I recommend you reach out to a battered women's shelter in your area. Despite the name, services will be available there even if you are a man. If you do not know how to reach a shelter in your area, you can learn what's nearby at https://www.domesticshelters.org/

Typically, shelters like this will not be able to take over your case, but they will have caseworkers who can advise you, coach you, and encourage you through the process. They will also have comprehensive resources for locating and securing a lawyer you can afford.
... Read More
View More Answers
Contact & Map
PO BOX 780446
Telephone: (334) 226-0496
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.