Lee Thompson

Lee Thompson

Fairfield County Bar Association
  • Divorce, Estate Planning, Family Law ...
  • Ohio
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Since 1983 I have been assisting people with legal matters both in and out of court. Whether it is a social security or workers’ compensation claim, a question regarding adoption, a divorce or dissolution, land contract, Will, personal injury claim, or other matters, I can help. Whether you are seeking an attorney for a one-time case or to assist you in other areas, sometimes over a period of years, you will be sharing information with me about your life. The information you give me is confidential and is vital to me in order to give you proper legal advice. Therefore, it is essential you feel not only comfortable with me, but it’s crucial for you to have confidence that I know your concerns and we share a mutual respect for each other.

Practice Areas
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    Estate Planning
    Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Social Security Disability
    Workers' Compensation
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Supreme Court of Ohio Office of Attorney Services
ID Number: 24592
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Domestic Relations Committee
Fairfield County Bar Association
- Current
Ohio State Bar Association
- Current
University of Akron
University of Akron Logo
Kent State University
B.S. | News Journalism
Kent State University Logo
AV Preeminent
2015 to present
Professional Associations
Ohio State Bar
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
26 Questions Answered
Q. how much is it to submit divorce papers
A: Each county has it's own filing fee. You can get the information from the clerk of courts in the county you will be filing.
Q. In marriage dissolution, is there any way that I would not have to come back in 90 days for hearing?
A: You have to be present but, I have on rare occasion used deposition testimony by clearing it with the court first.Talk to the attorney handling it. Another way to do it that would work is to convert the dissolution into a divorce, use the same agreement and only your spouse and witness would have to appear. Keep in mind, the hearing has to be not less than 30 nor more than 90 days so if you are not leaving until 30 days after the filing, you may be able to get the hearing in before you move.
Q. What is the shortest possible time to get a dissolution? Is hiring a private lawyer faster?
A: The papers have to filed first. Once filed, the court has to have a hearing not less than 30 nor more than 90 days after it is filed. All you would have to do is show up for the hearing. An alternative would be do a divorce with a complete by separation agreement, have her be the plaintiff and make sure it is attached. You could do a waiver of service. That one requires some trust on your part and if you elect to do it that, I'd get an attorney to represent you to make sure it goes as planned.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
431 E Main St
Lancaster, OH 43130
Telephone: (740) 653-3711
Fax: (740) 653-0037
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.