Free Consultation: (239) 249-5230Tap to Call This Lawyer
Lee N Feinberg

Lee N Feinberg

Feinberg Family Law and Mediation, P.A.
  • Family Law
  • Florida
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

25 years licensed and focusing on all aspects of Family Law including Dissolution of Marriage, Child Support, Paternity, child support, and Modifications.
B.A. Degree in Criminal Justice in 1989.
J.D. Degree in 1992.
Licensed to practice law in Florida in 1992.

Practice Area
  • Family Law
Additional Practice Areas
  • General Civil
  • Mediation
  • Free Consultation
    30 minute free consultation.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • Yiddish: Spoken
Nova Southeastern University
J.D. | Law
Florida Atlantic University
B.A. | Criminal Justice
Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Mediator
Florida Alernative Dispute Resolution
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
9 Questions Answered

Q. My son's father signed a paper giving away his rights so that my husband can adopt my son. Now he wants joint custody
A: If the document met the guidelines for "consent" you need to hire counsel and file the petition for a step-parent adoption. The father will object so it will be necessary for us to prove that the consent should be enforceable. I've done this before but it's no easy task. Sincerely, Lee N. Feinberg
Q. Can I the father take my kids with out the mother's knowledge or consent?
A: Generally, I would say, "No" as it appears that you were never married. However, if there is a court order indicating your rights, you may be able to do something. With an order you may be able to get in on an emergency basis. If you were never married and a court never established your rights as a father, you would have a problem.
Q. Can a mother move to another state with her child if she and the father never married and have no court agreement?
A: If there had been no court involvement, in a word, yes. If she has been gone less than6 months, you should file a petition to establish paternity and bring her back.
Q. Can a 15yr old be forced to come home when there has been no court order or change in custody
A: She is still a minor so her parents dictate what should our. However, in extraordinary cases it is possible but not likely. A patent has a constitutional right to raise their children without interference of the G-d almighty government. You need to contact an attorney and expand upon your issue.
Q. My ex put a restraining order on me, neither one of us has custody, but she won't let me see my kids. What can I do?
A: Four starters, you have to determine if the injunction against domestic violence includes your child. If it does not, you need to get back into court to either establish timesharing our try modifying the injunction. You have to look closely at the order of injunction. Sincerely, Lee N. Feinberg
Q. I moved to FL from GA with my child. Her dad filed for custody in GA. Does GA have jurisdiction?
A: More than likely, yes, without more information.
Q. what are the chances of a woman getting full custody if she files for divorce?
A: Husbands and wives of minor children have the same rights to see those children and be a parent to those children, unless there is an order from a court starting otherwise. She will have to convince a judge that her husband is unfit or that it would be a detriment to the child. The right to raise your children is a very strong constitutional right. It may be time to file for a Dissolution of Marriage and have the husband get his rights set forth in a court order. That is the best advice I can give without knowing more. Lee N. Feinberg, Esq.
Q. If parents have no custody order in place but have shared child 50/50
A: While there are some facts I would need to know to give you a thorough answer, my first question refers to whether they were married or bf/f2f. Second, was the 50/50 a verbal agreement between the parties orwas it reduced to writing? Have there been any court proceedings. Sincerely, Lee N. Feinberg, Esq.
Q. My new wife just received an inheritance. Do I have to report her inheritance income to child support in Florida.
A: The short answer is probably not. First, it depends on whether you have a child story obligation or she does. Additionally, child support is based on income, which can come from investments. As you state that it is an inheritance it probably would not have to be included but you should contact competent counsel who can give a more definitive answer after obtaining more information like the amount, whether it provides income, if she has the obligation, etc.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
P.O. Box 367054
P.O. Box 367054
Bonita Springs, FL 34136
Telephone: (239) 249-5230
Cell: (239) 249-5230