Free Consultation: (844) 562-4529Tap to Call This Lawyer
Lee A. Koch

Lee A. Koch

Koch Law
  • Criminal Law, White Collar Crime, DUI & DWI...
  • New York
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

As a veteran of the United States Air Force, I hold the same core values of "Integrity first, Service before self, and Excellence in all we do" as I did when I served. My training and expertise were in handling highly sensitive matters, computer systems, and developing technology to complete my mission. My Clients First, Justice Always approach to handling cases means I will be there for you when you need me the most.

Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • White Collar Crime
  • DUI & DWI
  • Domestic Violence
  • Immigration Law
  • Juvenile Law
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New York
Federal Court - Eastern District of New York
Federal Court - Southern District of New York
Immigration Court
Professional Experience
Managing Partner
Koch Law
- Current
Criminal and immigration defense firm specializing in novel legal arguments and personal client attention.
New York Law School
J.D. (2015)
Activities: Post-Conviction Innocence Clinic Domestic Violence Project Military Justice and Veteran's Association Volunteer Lawyer for a Day Program Unemployment Action Center
City University of New York - John Jay College of Criminal Justice
B.A. (2011) | Humanities and Justice Studies
Honors: Graduated Summa Cum Laude English Honor's Society Dean's List
Activities: President of the Creative Writing Association Pre-Law
Client's Choice Award
Top Contributor Award
Access to Justice Pro Bono Service Award
New York State Unified Court System
Professional Associations
Kids In Need of Defense
Pro Bono Attorney
- Current
Activities: Defend children in Immigration Proceedings
New York State Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Current
National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Current
American Immigration Lawyers Association
Law Student Committee Co-Chair
- Current
New York City Bar Association
- Current
New York State Bar Association
- Current
American Civil Liberties Union
- Current
New York Civil Liberties Union
- Current
Websites & Blogs
Koch Law Website
Legal Answers
46 Questions Answered

Q. How do I get and order of protection reduced to a reframe from order?
A: Speak to his attorney or the DA.
Q. My boyfriend hit me and the police were called by my neighbors. I did not allow them to arrest him but he was charged
A: It will show up as a pending case, and if he is convicted, it will show up on his record. Hire him a lawyer now. They may not need you to press charges if the neighbors were witnesses.
A: We need more details to answer your question. Call an attorney who does free consultations. Whether you hire the attorney or not, your conversation is privileged.
Q. My permit was suspended before I got it because of a seat belt ticket from years ago in NYC. Can I fight it?
A: You can fight anything. The question you have to ask is whether your time or an attorney's time is worth $270. An attorney will be able to discuss the specifics of your case and provide you viable solutions.
Q. I was given a ticket with only a court date set two months from now.. How do I respond?
A: Hire an attorney who can handle it, so you don't have to do it yourself. Otherwise, get the officer's copy of the ticket, so you can get the officer's statement. Then, go to where you got the ticket and take pictures of the scene. You could make a drawing/video/graphic related to the events based on the testimony you intend to offer.
Q. hey, I was wondering if an open container summon's in NY would be seen after 1 year in a criminal background check
A: Is it an ongoing case or has it adjudicated? Is it a criminal summons or public health? Reach out to an attorney who handles cases like this, and who can help you with the intimate details of your case.
Q. if i shoot someone in self defense with a unregistered gun in nyc?
A: It depends. You can go to jail, and you can be charged with possession of an unlicensed firearm. Furthermore, you can be charged with a litany of offenses from the shooting. Self defense is merely an affirmative defense that can excuse the shooting, but doesn't guarantee it. I recommend you reach out to an attorney experienced defense attorney to tell the intimate details of your case.
Q. My friend was assaulted by her husband but the police didn't arrest him. What can she do to press charges?
A: Go to a different police station and report the crime. It is up to the police as to whether they will pursue the case or not.
Q. We just married. can my wife apply for green card if she has any legal issues in her home country still pending
A: She can always apply, but it may be more prudent to wait until those issues are not pending. Speak to an immigration lawyer to discuss the intimate details of the pending action and the impact on your wife's application.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Koch Law
Manhattan Office
535 5th Ave 25th Floor
New York, NY 10017
Toll-Free: (844) 562-4529
Koch Law
Wantagh Office
3296 Waterbury Dr.
Wantagh, NY 11793
Toll-Free: (844) 562-4529