Lea ShelemeyDivorce, Family Law, Collaborative Law, Mediation
- Arbitration & Mediation, Divorce, Family Law ...
- Indiana, Indiana
Lea P. Shelemey is a solo practitioner in Valparaiso, Indiana. She was born in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. She received her Juris Doctor from Valparaiso Indiana School of Law in 2001, with a concentration in Alternate Dispute Resolution. She received her undergraduate degree (Bachelor of Science) from Valparaiso University, magna cum laude, in 1998 with majors in both philosophy and psychology. Attorney Shelemey is a registered Mediator, a Collaborative Law Attorney, and a Guardian ad litem. Her subsequent training and education included mediation training for domestic relations cases in 2002 and civil cases in 2004. Additionally she received guardian ad litem training in 2005, and has been appointed by the Court to serve as a guardian ad litem representing the interests of children. In 2006, she began her Collaborative Law training with the Collaborative Law Institute of Illinois. She signed the Lake County Attorney Pledge in 2007, affirming her commitment to the principles of the Cooperative Parenting Model. In 2009 she completed advanced training in the Collaborative Law method. Attorney Shelemey attends continuing legal education seminars in the areas of Family Law, Mediation, Collaborative Law, Bankruptcy Law, and Wills and Estates. She is a member of the Indiana State Bar Association, the Porter County Bar Association, the Lake County Bar Association, and the Women Lawyers Association, Inc. She is also a member of the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals.
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Business Arbitration, Consumer Arbitration, Family Arbitration
- Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
- Family Law
- Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
- Estate Planning
- Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Marci Collins & Associates
- Divorce, Family Law & Bankruptcy
- The Blanford Law Office
- Divorce & Family Law
- Valparaiso University School of Law
- J.D. (2001) | Law, Alternative Dispute Resolution Concentration
- Honors: Senior Honors
- Activities: Women Law Students Association Mediation Clinic
- Indiana State Bar
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.