Laura Catherine Douglas
- Civil Rights, Workers' Compensation, Business Law ...
- Florida, Florida
Laura Douglas received a B.A from the University of Central Florida and began her professional career as an award winning news producer at WFTV in Orlando, where she developed the passion for investigation and advocacy that led her to law school. While attending St. Thomas University School of Law in Miami, she served as a Certified Legal Intern for the U.S. Attorney for the Middle District of Florida and clerked for the Florida Department of Transportation trial division. Following early graduation, Laura obtained priceless courtroom experience as an Assistant State Attorney in Miami-Dade County, prosecuting domestic violence, child abuse and cold cases, while also representing petitioners in Baker and Marchman Act proceedings. Upon rapidly gaining expertise in the issues of competency, diagnosis, guardianship and patient's rights, Laura furthered her advocacy skills as an Assistant Public Defender, defending clients with special needs and chronic mental illness against felony charges while advocating for crucial treatment, placement and education services. Upon transitioning to civil litigation, Laura Douglas represented multiple foreign and domestic insurance companies in the investigation of personal and commercial insurance claims, including focused investigation of organized fraud rings, arson, forgery and fraudulent insurance certificates.
- Civil Rights
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Discrimination, Employment, Fair Housing, Police Misconduct, Privacy Law
- Workers' Compensation
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Employment Law
- Employee Benefits, Employment Contracts, Employment Discrimination, ERISA, Overtime & Unpaid Wages, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Business Arbitration, Consumer Arbitration, Family Arbitration
- Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
- Estate planning
- partnership disputes
- Commercial foreclosures
- English: Spoken, Written
- Florida State Bar  # 111392
- - Current
- Laura C. Douglas - Detailed Bio
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.