Kyle Persaud

Kyle Persaud

  • Appeals & Appellate, Business Law, Collections...
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ABlawgsearchSocial Media

Kyle Persaud was admitted to the Oklahoma bar in 2009, and has practiced law in Bartlesville since that time. Mr. Persaud practices appellate law, civil law, family law, estate planning/probate law, and immigration law. Mr. Persaud handles trial court cases in Washington, Osage, and Nowata counties. Mr. Persaud handles appeals court cases throughout the state of Oklahoma.

Mr. Persaud received his B.A. from Oklahoma Wesleyan University and his law degree from the University of Tulsa. Mr. Persaud is a life-long resident of Bartlesville, and wishes to give back to the community by assisting residents of Bartlesville and the surrounding area with their legal needs.

Practice Areas
  • Appeals & Appellate
  • Business Law
  • Collections
  • Divorce
  • Estate Planning
  • Family Law
  • Immigration Law
  • Insurance Claims
  • Probate
Additional Practice Area
  • Civil Law
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Oklahoma Wesleyan University
University of Tulsa College of Law
Professional Associations
Oklahoma Bar Association # 22437
Washington County Bar Association
Websites & Blogs
Persaud Law Office
Bartlesville Law Blog
Legal Answers
91 Questions Answered

Q. Can landlords in Oklahoma charge tenant for their own labor to repair and clean a rental left in horrible condition?
A: Under Oklahoma tort law, the tenant may be liable to compensate you for damage to the property.
Q. maximum amount in miles to move and fight for joint or weekends for my child.
A: No matter where you live, you can still have joint custody if a court finds that joint custody is in the best interest of the child. If you move to a location that is more than 75 miles away from where you live now, you have to notify the opposing parent. The other parent has the right to object. The rule for notification, and the other parent's objection, is as follows: 1. If either party (“the relocating party”) intends to move his or her primary residence or intends to move the primary residence of the minor child of the parties over seventy-five (75) miles for a period of sixty (60) days or more when such move is not a temporary absence from the child’s principal residence: A. The relocating party shall furnish the following information to the other party in accordance with the terms set out herein: (1) the intended new address, including the specific address, if known; (2) the new mailing address, if not the same; (3) the home telephone number, if known; (4) the date of the intended move or proposed relocation; (5) a brief statement of the specific reasons for the proposed relocation of the child, if applicable; and (6) a proposal for a revised schedule of visitation with the child, if any. B. The relocating party shall give notice of the proposed relocation of the child or the proposed change of the party’s residence address to the other party on or before the sixtieth (60th) day before the proposed change. If the relocating party did not know and could not have reasonably known of the change in sufficient time to provide a sixty-day notice, then such party shall give notice of the change on or before the tenth (10th) day after the date that he or she knows of the change. C. The obligation of a party to give the notices and to provide the information set out herein shall continue so long as that party is entitled to custody of, or visitation with, the child covered by this order. D. The failure of a party to give the notices and to provide the information set out herein may result in further litigation to enforce the order, including contempt of court. E. The failure of a party to notify of a relocation of the child may be taken into account in a modification of custody of, visitation with, possession of, or access to, the child. The Court may assess reasonable attorney fees and costs against a party who fails to give the required notice provided for herein. F. If a party who receives notice of the intent of the other party to relocate the residence of the child does not file, within thirty (30) days of receipt of such notice, a proceeding seeking a temporary or permanent order to prevent the relocation, the relocation is authorized and may occur without further notice.
Q. Father=supervised standard visitation. Child just turned two do I have to give her up for weeks out of summer for visit
A: It depends on what the custody order says. If the custody order says you have to give the child up for weeks in the summer, you have to do it. If the custody order says that you don't have to give the child up for weeks in the summer, you don't have to. if the custody order says you have to give the child up for weeks in the summer, and you don't think the child is ready for that, you should file a motion to modify the custody order.
Q. Can a rental property in Oklahoma keep a security deposit if I back out of renting before signing a lease?
A: You have the right to demand a return of the security deposit. Okla. Stat. tit. 41 s 115 says: A. Any damage or security deposit required by a landlord of a tenant must be kept in an escrow account for the tenant, which account shall be maintained in the State of Oklahoma with a federally insured financial institution. Misappropriation of the security deposit shall be unlawful and punishable by a term in a county jail not to exceed six (6) months and by a fine in an amount not to exceed twice the amount misappropriated from the escrow account. B. Upon termination of the tenancy, any security deposit held by the landlord may be applied to the payment of accrued rent and the amount of damages which the landlord has suffered by reason of the tenant's noncompliance with this act and the rental agreement, all as itemized by the landlord in a written statement delivered by mail to be by return receipt requested and to be signed for by any person of statutory service age at such address or in person to the tenant if he can reasonably be found. If the landlord proposes to retain any portion of the security deposit for rent, damages or other legally allowable charges under the provisions of this act or the rental agreement, the landlord shall return the balance of the security deposit without interest to the tenant within forty-five (45) days after the termination of tenancy, delivery of possession and written demand by the tenant. If the tenant does not make such written demand of such deposit within six (6) months after termination of the tenancy, the deposit reverts to the landlord in consideration of the costs and burden of maintaining the escrow account, and the interest of the tenant in that deposit terminates at that time.
Q. Pending FP case dismissed w/o prejudice, no jurisdiction due to a new case in another county. File 1st in which county?
A: The court which has made a child custody determination has exclusive, continuing jurisdiction over the determination until: 1. The Court determines that neither the child, the child and one parent, nor the child and a person acting as a parent have a significant connection with the county and that substantial evidence is no longer available in the county concerning the child's care, protection, training, and personal relationships; or 2. A court of the same county or a court of another county determines that the child, the child's parents, and any person acting as a parent do not presently reside in the county that made the child custody determination.
Q. Grandmother / DHS wanting child support after stealing my teenager
A: If the grandmother has legal guardianship, you are required to pay child support.
Q. What map is authoritative in applying sex offender registration laws in Oklahoma?
A: Talk to your local police department and ask if they have a map.
Q. Bigamy?
A: Look at your new spouse's divorce decree. Does it say that they can't marry anyone within a certain time period after the divorce?
Q. How can a mother be charged with enabling child sexual abuse when she called the police immediately upon discovery.
A: Okla. Stat. Tit. 21 s 843.5(G) says: "enabling child sexual abuse" means the causing, procuring or permitting of a willful or malicious act of child sexual abuse, which includes but is not limited to rape, incest, and lewd or indecent acts or proposals, of a child under the age of eighteen (18) by another. As used in this subsection, "permit" means to authorize or allow for the care of a child by an individual when the person authorizing or allowing such care knows or reasonably should know that the child will be placed at risk of sexual abuse as proscribed by this subsection. Since I don't know the specific facts of your situation, I can't say whether you are guilty of enabling child sexual abuse. As for what can be done to rectify this situation, you need a good criminal defense attorney who can argue that what you did does no meet the definition of "enabling child sexual abuse" under the law.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Persaud Law Office
501 S.E. Frank Phillips Blvd., Suite 205
Bartlesville, OK 74003
Telephone: (918) 336-1124