Free Consultation: (334) 557-7188Tap to Call This Lawyer
Kristine Jones

Kristine Jones

Family & Divorce Attorney in Montgomery, Alabama
  • Divorce, Family Law, Arbitration & Mediation
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Are you facing difficult family law issues? Are you looking for a trustworthy and reliable lawyer in Montgomery?

Kristine Jones, Attorney-at-Law offers a wide range of legal services related to family matters and domestic relations.

Kristine is a member of the Alabama State Bar Association, Montgomery County Bar Association, and founding member of The KJ Law Firm located in Montgomery, Alabama.

When it comes to family law, Kristine Jones is poised and ready to provide outstanding representation for clients facing a variety of family legal matters.

She offers legal advice and counsel for issues related to Marriage & Family, Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Child Support & Custody, Guardian Ad Litem, Division of Property, Mediation, and Small Claims Assistance.

No matter how complex or straightforward your family law issues, Kristine Jones welcomes the opportunity to help you with your case.

Contact Kristine Jones, a Family Law Attorney who understands the importance of providing quality client services.

Practice Areas
  • Divorce
  • Family Law
  • Arbitration & Mediation
Additional Practice Areas
  • Small Claims Court Assistance
  • Child Custody & Visitation
  • Child Support
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    All major credit cards.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Flat fees are available depending on the issue.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
United States District Court for the Middle District of Alabama
United States District Court for the Northern District of Alabama
United States District Court for the Southern District of Alabama
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
R & D Consulting, Inc
Reviewed customer contract proposals, Defined bid application problems by conferring with clients and developed solutions by utilizing alternative dispute resolution techniques.
Law Clerk
Alabama Law Institute
Law clerk for the Alabama Legislature 2016 session through the field placement program at Thomas Goode Jones School of Law.
Fifteenth Judicial Circuit Court
Performed weekly mediation of cases through the Kenneth F. Dunham Mediation Clinic at Thomas Goode Jones School of Law.
Law Clerk
One Place Family Justice Center
As part of the Domestic Violence Clinic at Thomas Goode Jones School of Law, performed new client intake, counsel, advice, and trials for clients seeking primarily a Protection From Abuse.
Alabama Secretary of State Elections Division
Performed research for chief election law legal counsel; assembled prior years of election data for state and federal offices.
Graduate Teaching Assistant
Auburn University
Lectured twice per week, graded quizzes and exams, and met with students during office hours for a political science course containing approximately 35 students.
Research Assistant
Colorado Secretary of State Elections Division
Performed research for Elections Director; traveled to various mail ballot processing facilities on day of primary election.
Process Server/Researcher
Watson, McKinney, and Artrip, LLP
Faulkner University, Thomas Goode Jones School of Law
LL.M. (2016) | Dispute Resolution
Certificate in Alternative Dispute Resolution Processes
Auburn University
M.P.A. (2013) | Public Administration
Specialization: Election Administration
University of Alabama - Huntsville
B.A. (2011) | Political Science and Philosophy
Medal of the Samaritan
Montgomery Volunteer Lawyers Program
In recognition of her outstanding pro bono legal services, the MVLP presented Kristine Jones with the 2018 Medal of the Samaritan.
Pro Bono Service Certificate of Appreciation (Alabama)
Alabama Access to Justice Commission
In recognition of providing 50 or more hours of pro bono legal services to low income Alabama residents, the Alabama Access to Justice Commission presented Kristine B. Jones, Attorney at Law, with the 2018 Pro Bono Service Certificate of Appreciation.
Pro Bono Service Certificate of Appreciation (Montgomery County)
Montgomery Volunteer Lawyers Program
In recognition of providing pro bono legal services to low income residents of Montgomery County. Presented by the Montgomery Volunteer Lawyers Program at the 3rd Annual MVLP Awards Luncheon in Montgomery, Alabama.
Professional Associations
Montgomery County Bar Association
- Current
Activities: MCBA hosts events to foster interaction, communication, and professional opportunities to lawyers in Montgomery and other surrounding counties.
Montgomery County Bar Foundation
Volunteer Attorney
- Current
Alabama Center for Dispute Resolution
Registered Mediator
- Current
Activities: Alternative dispute resolution and mediation areas of practice include Alimony, Automotive, Child Support, Consumer, Contracts, Custody/Visitation, Elections, Family, Landlord/Tenant, Post Divorce Issues, and Small Claims.
Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity # 40785251
- Current
Activities: The Phi Alpha Delta (Central Alabama Alumni Chapter) offers networking, event planning, case referrals, and general discussion opportunities for its Alabama Alumni members.
Alabama State Bar # 1973W23L
Registered Alabama Mediator
Alabama Center for Dispute Resolution
Websites & Blogs
Divorce Services and Messaging Form
Legal Answers
39 Questions Answered

Q. What steps do I need to take to have my child support modified for me maintaining health insurance coverage on my child?
A: Hello, you would need to file a Petition to Modify. In most counties, those are between $200-$400 to file. You should seek out legal counsel in your local area to determine the best course of action based on your specific facts and circumstances. Best of luck!
Q. Can my x, who is remarried drop childsupport / back childsupport ?
A: The new husband would only be able to adopt the child if the ex-husband legally terminates his parental rights. If that happened, then yes, current child support could stop. Whether you and your husband are seeking adoption or to terminate your ex husband's parental rights, you should speak with a family law attorney in your area. Best of luck!
Q. Is child support mandatory in alabama. Divorce is final but nothing in the decree about child support being paid
A: No, child support is not mandatory. It depends on the custodial arrangement between the parents and then it is calculated according to Rule 32. Good Luck!
Q. In alabama if my son joins the army at 18 will my childsupport stop even though it states on my papers to the age of 19?
A: Child support will not stop without an action asking the court to stop it. Best of luck!
Q. I found out I was pregnant prior to separating from my husband. Can we file uncontested while pregnant in Alabama?
A: Yes.
Q. What papers are needed for a dad to relinquish care of his 16 year old to a friend of the family, in Alabama
A: Could be adoption or guardianship. You should seek out a family law attorney in your area who can discuss your specific situation and give you complete advice on which option is best for you and the child. Best of luck!
Q. Petition for an adult adoption in Alabama? Child will be 18 and step parent would like to adopt and change last name.
A: A person is a minor until age 19 in Alabama. So it would not be an adult adoption. This sounds like it would be a familial adoption and as long as you and the minor have been living in the same house for 12 months, then you could file for adoption. You would need consent from both biological parents, or file to terminate the rights of whichever parent did not give consent. Adoption is largely a creature of statute. You are looking at 2-3+ court appearances to accomplish all this. I would contact a family law attorney in your area to help guide you through the long process. Best of luck!
Q. My husband pays child support through DHR and his ex not letting his daughter vist is there anything we can do.
A: Yes, he should file for modification/custody/ visitation. Best of luck!
Q. We live in Alabama but my son went to Florida and got married when he turned 18 shouldn’t this emancipate him
A: This answer could be different if your CS order states it is different or if your agreement with different provisions was something you and the other parent signed, but CS typically ceases when a child gets married. You would need to file with the court asking for them to stop child support because the child married.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
The KJ Law Firm
445 Dexter Ave #4050
Office #412
Montgomery, AL 36104
Telephone: (334) 557-7188