Kristina M. Reed
  • Business Law, Real Estate Law
  • California, Virginia
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII GoldBlawgsearchSocial Media
Practice Areas
  • Business Law
  • Real Estate Law
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Hourly Rate is $350 per hour. Some work performed on a flat fee basis:
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law
J.D. | Concentration in Advocacy
Honors: Honors in Trial Advocacy
Activities: Mock Trial Scrimmage Team; Member of the Anthony M. Kennedy American Inn of Court; Comment Writer and Assistant Articles Editor, The Transnational Lawyer
Christopher Newport University
B.S. | Political Science/International Relations
Honors: Order of Omega Honor Society
Activities: Phi Mu Fraternity for Women
Super Lawyer
Super Lawyers
Top Lawyer List
Sacramento Magazine
Super Lawyer
Super Lawyers
Top Lawyer List
Sacramento Magazine
Super Lawyer
Super Lawyers
Best of the Bar
Sacramento Business Journal
2013 and 2014
Super Lawyer
Super Lawyers
Rising Star
Super Lawyers
Best of the Bar
Sacramento Business Journal
Rising Star
Super Lawyers
Professional Associations
Sacramento County Bar Association
American Bar Association
Virginia State Bar
- Current
California State Bar # 218872
- Current
Association of Commercial Real Estate
Heald College
Advisory Board Member
Commercial Real Estate Women
Anthony M. Kennedy American Inn of Court
Articles & Publications
From the Great Firewall of China to the Berlin Firewall: The Cost of Content Regulation on Internet Commerce
The Transnational Lawyer
Speaking Engagements
Commercial Leasing: Nuts & Bolts and Pitfalls, LSI Quaterly Conference, Embassy Suites Sacramento - Riverfront Promenade
Legal Answers
11 Questions Answered

Q. Should two businesses trying to merge have separate attorneys to most effectively represent both sides?
A: Ideally, yes. The legal needs and goals of each business may well be different and each side should have independent counsel representing it. In very limited circumstances, an attorney can be retained to draft the transaction documents as instructed by the two businesses. However, in this circumstance, the attorney can not give either side legal advice and would be working for the solely for the resulting business (i.e. the merged business).
Q. I want to put a boat to LLC, but do not have one and time line is tight.
A: Until the LLC's Articles of Organization are filed with the California Secretary of State, the LLC does not legally exist and is not legally able to own either real or personal property. Creating a LLC can be a short process. The California Secretary of State's Sacramento Office provides 24 hour filing for Articles of Organization for an expedited fee of $500.00. See:
Q. I am a part owner of a 200 acre rice farm in N Calif. I own 24 % along with my sister each owning 24%.
A: I am unclear about your question. The short answer is Yes, it is possible for all owners, except the 9% owner, to sell their ownership shares to you and your sister. You mention a partnership which may imply that there is a partnership agreement of some sort. You should contact a business and real estate attorney to discuss this particular arrangement/ownership structure and to help you structure the sale.
Q. What's the easiest way to merge my company with another incorporated in Nevada?
A: Attorney Roth gave good examples of the various options. However, without knowing more about the two companies and the goal for the merger, it is difficult to specifically answer your question. Each business transaction is unique and no one way is the best fit for every situation.
Q. Serving California 3 Day Notice to Pay or Quit and Notice to Cure or Quit to Tenant.
A: You should always serve both at the same time; otherwise, you will need to wait until the last notice served expires before starting your UD proceedings (unless you want to forgo a judgment for the amount owed on the last notice served then you can start your UD proceedings immediately after the first notice served expires). Anyone over the age of 18 can serve the notice. There are 3 ways to serve the notice. 1. Personal service: You have to give the notice to the person you want to evict in person. 2. Substitute service: If the tenant is not at their home or place of work, you can serve the notice by leaving a copy with someone over 18 at either their home or their work. You will also have to mail a copy to their home.   3. Nail and mail service: You can complete these steps: 1) Attach a copy in a place where it can be seen easily; 2) Give a copy to someone over the age of 18 if someone answers the door; and, 3) Send a copy by mail to tenant at the property address.
Q. Need help in seller financing paper work of a real estate transaction in Pinole California. Any recommendations?
A: Retain an experienced real estate attorney to work with you to prepare the necessary documents.
Q. Does Ca real estate law require disclosure of having bre salesperson license now expired in selling home thru agent?
A: There is no law requiring disclosure of an expired real estate license when you are acting as the principle in the transaction. Disclosure is only required when you perform acts which require a real estate salesperson license. However, the REALTOR Code of Ethics may require that you disclose the fact that you, as the principal, hold an expired real estate salesperson license.
Q. Are there any laws in CA. about a stigmatism of property?
A: I assume you are asking about disclosure of "stigmatisms" during a sale transaction. Generally, a seller has a duty to disclose all facts known to the seller that materially affect the value or desirability of property and that are not readily apparent to the buyer. For instance, a death on the property should always be disclosed since a death on the property affects the desirability of the property. If the death was in the last 3 years, California Civil Code section 1710.2 requires disclosure.
Q. When filing articles of formation , can I list myself as registered agent or leave it blank?
A: You can list yourself as the agent for service of process along with a physical address where you can be served with any legal papers for the business. An agent for service of process is an individual who resides in California, or a corporation, designated to accept service of process (court papers) if the business entity is sued. If you leave the registered agent line blank, the California Secretary of State will more than likely reject your filing; a registered agent is required for all business entities.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Law Office of Kristina M. Reed
770 L St
Suite 950
Sacramento, CA 95814
Telephone: (916) 492-6033
Fax: (916) 492-6034