Free Consultation: (312) 578-0410Tap to Call This Lawyer
Kori Maria Bazanos

Kori Maria Bazanos

Bazanos Law P.C.
  • Construction Law, Real Estate Law, Business Law
  • Illinois
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

I have been practicing law since 1995. I established my own firm in 2008 to better address the unique needs of the individuals and businesses I represent. I have considerable experience in the area of real estate law which includes construction and mechanics lien litigation as well as drafting mechanics liens and bond claims. I also practice in the general area of commercial litigation, creditors' rights, and the representation of creditors in bankruptcy proceedings. I assist my clients in resolving disputes outside of litigation. I represent buyers and sellers of residential real estate, working closely with my clients' and their brokers and lenders to ensure a smooth closing.

Practice Areas
  • Construction Law
  • Real Estate Law
  • Business Law
Additional Practice Area
  • Mechanics Liens
  • Free Consultation
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Bazanos Law P.C.
Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology
Marietta College
B.A. (1982) | Economics
Professional Associations
Illinois State Bar
Chicago Bar Association
Articles & Publications
Illinois Construction Law Manual, Co-Author Ch. 13 Mechanics Liens
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
3 Questions Answered

Q. in Illinois if the house next to me is for sale, does the realtor have to have the property surveyed if i request it.
A: Your neighbor most likely will order a survey for the buyer of their property. However, your neighbor (or the buyer or their property) is under no obligation to share that survey with you. The new buyer may purchase the property, aware that the fence encroaches on your property. If you are concerned about an encroachment, and your neighbor will not voluntarily share the survey, you should order a staked survey. I suggest that you contact a lawyer in Macon Illinois to further discuss the concept of adverse possession and the effect of an encroachment.
Q. In a home sale can a real estate agent that is acting as a Dual agent represent the buyer at closing, in state of IL?
A: No. To do so would be considered the unauthorized practice of law.
Q. How do I transfer ownership of my house without a sale?
A: You may transfer any rights you have in the house by way of a quit claim deed. I recommend that you retain an attorney to assist you with this, to ensure it is done properly.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
20 North Clark Street
Suite 3300
Chicago, IL 60602
Telephone: (312) 578-0410
Fax: (312) 648-6202