Free Consultation: (615) 288-4291Tap to Call This Lawyer
Kimberly K. Schreiber

Kimberly K. Schreiber

Mount Juliet Law
  • Divorce, DUI & DWI, Elder Law...
  • Indiana, Tennessee
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Kimberly is an Attorney with over 14 years of experience. In addition to trial experience, she is a Tennessee Supreme Court Rule 31 Listed Mediator in Civil/General and Family Mediation. Additionally, she has obtained the designation of Special Training in Domestic Violence Issues and is the Chair for the Nashville Bar Association's Dispute Resolution Committee. She has had the opportunity to train mediators in General/Civil and Family Mediation, elder mediation and ethics. She is a certified Elder Mediator and Elder Mediator trainer. Kimberly is an international speaker and has recently been added to a group of online providers educating Solicitors and Barristers in the topics of Elder Mediation, Reflective Practice and Negotiation in the United Kingdom. She has been chosen to judge the International Mediation Competition hosted by the International Chamber of Commerce for 3 years in a row, Kimberly teaches Criminal Law and Contract Law at Argosy University and teaches in the Master of Arts Program for Conflict Resolution at Bethel University in Nashville and Memphis campuses. Her law degree is from Indiana University School of Law at Indianapolis. She holds a B.S. in Accounting from the University of Kentucky. Formerly, Kimberly worked as a Federal Bank Examiner and in the corporate world as an auditor.

Practice Areas
  • Divorce
  • DUI & DWI
  • Elder Law
  • Estate Planning
  • Patents
Additional Practice Area
  • Car Accidents
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Mount Juliet Law, PLLC
- Current
Buchanan & Schreiber
Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law
J.D. | Law
University of Kentucky
B.S. (1994) | Accounting
Professional Associations
American Bar Association
Tennessee Bar Association
Nashville Bar Association
Chair of Dispute Resolution Committee
Sumner County Bar Association
Articles & Publications
America Invents Act: The Switch to a First to File Patent System
Journal of the Missouri Bar
Rule 31 Family Listed Mediator
Tennessee Supreme Court
Rule 31 Civil Listed Mediator
Tennessee Supreme Court
Mediator Specially Trained in Domestic Violence Issues
Tennessee Supreme Court
Elder Mediator
Eldercare Resolved
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
81 Questions Answered

Q. Once spousal support is given and bills are paid, is rest on the money divided between wife and grown children?
A: Is this a probate question or a divorce question. In family law (divorce), the grown children do not get any of the marital assets. Those are divided "fairly" by the judge, who also decides alimony based upon a factor test.
Q. My ex lives in another state can she force our son to visit her?we have a parenting plan that says she has visitation
A: Is the Parenting Plan current? In other words, does it allow visits out of state? If not, send a certified letter that states you wish to mediate and amend the Parenting Plan. Almost all PPLANS have a provision that requires mediation before any sort of court action. If the Plan allows visits out of state you risk contempt charges by not providing the child. It would still be best to amend.
Q. Is dad legally obligated to inform mother of vChanges in insurance coverage of minor child
A: Yes, you are supposed to have the current insurance card at all times. This enables the child to get treatment when they are with either parent. There is also usually a provision in the Parenting Plan that requires the information to be updated and sent to each other each year.
Q. I would like to divorce my wife and have her leave the house
A: You can file an Order of Protection against her and she will be unable to come around you if it is granted. You don't need to file for divorce to do that. Also, you could file a Complaint for Divorce (the Clerk has the forms) and then file a Motion for Exclusive Possession of the rental house.
Q. What's the odds of a change in custody for visitation interference,and denial of parental rights?
A: It is hard for any lawyer to give you odds for a case. So much depends on the Judge. Always hire a local attorney that is familiar with the judge and practices regularly in front of them. It sounds like you are doing everything right. Keep exercising your phone call rights and paying child support. Have you asked for at least supervised visits to re-establish the relationship?
Q. I am in TN and am beneficiary of life insurance, do I have to give adult children any of that money
A: No, beneficiaries for life insurance and the proceeds do not go through probate. They are the sole monies of the beneficiary.
Q. Can I settle a debt collection after I have been served with civil papers?
A: Yes, you can settle the matter any time before the hearing. Many are settled the day of the hearing with the attorney or representative from the creditor. They will usually allow you to make payments on the balance.
Q. Mother has full custody of 9 yr old. Father remarried and mom is not letting dad see the daughter. How do I appeal?
A: Do you have a Permanent Parenting Plan? If so, you can file a Petition for Contempt if she is not letting you see the child. Please remember to keep paying your child support even when you are not seeing the child as that is a separate matter.
Q. I live in tn my daughters dad lives in ny, can I file for child support from a different state
A: Where does the child live? If she lives with you in Tennessee the majority of the time and your file is in New York, you can have it "domesticated" or moved to Tennessee in most cases. Once it is here, local child support services can help you or you can hire an attorney to get child support.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Mt. Juliet Office
2494 N. Mt. Juliet Rd., Ste 200
Mt. Juliet , TN 37075
Telephone: (615) 288-4291
131 Maple Row
Hendersonville, TN 37075
Telephone: (615) 288-4291