My name is Kimberly Coleman and I am a consumer bankruptcy and debtors' rights attorney at the law firm of Coleman & Kempinski in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. My partner, Ray Kempinski, and I have more than a combined 20 years of experience working with consumers. Five of those years were also working with troubled businesses and creditors, but I now limit my practice to consumer bankruptcy and consumer issues.
I am concerned with the volatile economy and how it is negatively affecting individual consumers. I also especially am concerned with the amount of misinformation about debtors' rights and their options and how much self-interest is reflected in the information disemminated that is allegedly supposed to help individual consumers.
- Consumer Law
- Free Consultation
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Chapter 7 cases usually range from $1,000 - $1,900 for attorney fees, and Chapter 13 cases usually range from $3,000 - $3,500 for attorney fees.
- Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Northern District of Ohio
- Southern District of Ohio
- Western District of Pennsylvania
- Coleman & Kempinski
- - Current
- Just opened a consumer bankruptcy law firm with Raymond Kempinski. We are compassionate Philadelphia Bankruptcy attorneys with a combined twenty years of experience in representing Debtors' best interests.
- consumer bankruptcy practice
- Shainberg & Viola, Philadelphia, PA
- consumer bankruptcy practice
- Boyle, Neblett & Wenger, Harrisburg, PA
- Worked for John Neblett, a well-established consumer bankruptcy attorney who is a Certified Consumer Bankruptcy Attorney. Advised and represented debtors in consumer bankruptcy proceedings. Litigated bankruptcy matters including objections to claims, violations of the automatic stay and discharge injunction, and violations of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
- Leech Tishman Fuscaldo & Lampl, LLC, Pittsburgh, PA
- Corporate Bankruptcy and Creditors Rights Attorney. Provided advice and counsel to businesses, financial institutions, trade creditors, creditors' committees, and purchasers of assets in complex reorganizations in bankruptcy, receivership, liquidation and other insolvency proceedings, as well as out-of-court workouts and restructurings. Litigated avoidance actions and other adversary proceedings including managing 4 attorneys in pursuing more than 350 preference actions on behalf of a creditors' committee in a large Chapter 11 proceeding.
- Novak, Robenalt & Pavlik, LLP, Cleveland, OH
- Counseled individuals and businesses in matters related to debtor-creditor relations and bankruptcy.
- Finney, Stagnaro, Saba & Patterson, LPA, Cincinnati, OH
- Focused on transactional work involving business and real estate transactions, and handled consumer bankruptcy and individual taxation matters.
- Hammond & Associates, Cincinnati, OH
- Focused on business, bankruptcy, employment matters, contract and real estate transactions, and litigation of those matters.
- Paralegal/Law Clerk
- Office of Bernard W. Southgate IV, Newport, KY
- Managed and administered a sole proprietor law practice focused on consumer bankruptcy, tax and small business law. Handled an average of 150 consumer bankruptcy proceedings per year.
- Law Clerk
- Estudio Llona Y Bustamante Abogados, Lima, Peru
- Clerked for law firm that focused on international business transactions and intellectual property matters while living in and experiencing Peru. Translated Peruvian securities regulations and drafted pamphlet for firm’s English-speaking clients.
- Salmon P. Chase College of Law, Northern Kentucky University
- J.D. | Law
- Honors: Moot Court; Inns of Court; Book Awards; Dean's List; Price Scholarship
- Debtors' Advocate
- Should Filing Bankruptcy Be The Last Resort? Filing Bankruptcy Now Could Be Your Best Option
8 April 2011
- More Individuals Qualify To File A Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Than You Might Think
27 July 2009
- Bankruptcy Fraud – Misleading The Court Can Get You In Big Trouble
22 July 2009
- Foreclosures in Pennsylvania – One in 230 Homes – Below National Average
20 July 2009
- Bankruptcy and Sports
14 July 2009
- Is Bankruptcy Getting a Bum Rap?
6 July 2009
- Philadelphia Foreclosure Diversion Program’s Success Story
1 July 2009
- Mortgage Loan Modifications: The Solution or the Problem?
29 June 2009
- Welcome to the Debtors Advocate Blog
11 June 2009