Free Consultation: (978) 412-2141Tap to Call This Lawyer
Kim Carnevale

Kim Carnevale

CARNEVALE LAW OFFICES free consultation - call: (978) 412-2141
  • Animal & Dog Law, Criminal Law, Domestic Violence ...
  • Massachusetts
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileOffers Video ConferencingQ&AResponsive Law
Practice Areas
Animal & Dog Law
Criminal Law
Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
Domestic Violence
Domestic Violence Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights , Victims Rights
Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
White Collar Crime
Juvenile Law
Landlord Tenant
Evictions, Housing Discrimination, Landlord Rights, Rent Control, Tenants' Rights
Real Estate Law
Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
Video Conferencing
  • Skype
  • Zoom
  • GoToMeeting
  • WebEx
  • Free Consultation
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Massachusetts Board of Bar Overseers
ID Number: 561140
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English
  • Russian
  • Spanish
Professional Experience
Carnevale Law Offices
- Current
Contract Attorney
Boston Law Firms - i.e. Cooley, LLP; Steven Zlochiver & Assocs.; Scott Marks, P.C.
Nigro, Pettepit & Lucas, LLP
SRIS LAW GROUP, P.C.(Boston cases/VA based firm)
Bar Advocate Attorney
Essex County Bar Advocates, Inc.
Certified as Bar Advocate to accept court-appointed criminal cases, representing indigent clients in criminal defense of misdemeanors and felonies.
Prosecutor, MA Superior and District courts - major felonies
District Attorney's Office, Essex County, MA
Superior court Prosecutor; Supervisor Lawrence District Court & Jury Sessions; Supervisor Newburyport District Court Jury Session
New England Law | Boston
J.D. (1992) | Law
Honors: Dean' List; 1989 Trustee's Academic Scholarship; 1990 Best Advocate Moot Court Award; 1992 American Jurisprudence Award.
Activities: Moot court; Student Prosecutor District court and Appeals
New England Law | Boston Logo
George Washington University
Bachelor of Arts (1988) | Pre-Law.
Honors: Summa Cum Laude
Placeholder image for education.
Outstanding Trial Attorney
Essex County District Attorney's Office
American Jurisprudence Award
New England Law
Professional Associations
Essex County Bar Associaiton
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
State Bar of Massachusetts  # 561140
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Speaking Engagements
Instructor, Presenting Forensic Evidence at Trial, State Police, Sudbury, MA
Conducted Mock Trial Demonstration of Introducing Forensic Evidence at Trial
Prosecution Specialist, Child Abuse Conference, Lawrence, MA
District Attorney's Office, Essex County
Presenter/Lead Coordinator, Statewide Training for Mandated Reporters, Salem, MA
Disabled Persons Protection Commission
Bar Advocate Attorney
Committee for Public Counsel Services/Essex County Bar Advocates, Inc.
Bank Lending Agent
Straub & Lyons, P.C.
Legal Answers
6 Questions Answered
Q. If I have full custody of my child but she visits her mom on the weekends do I need her permission to move out of state
A: Even though you have custody as a result of a DCF case, you would still need to get the permission of the Probate and Family court before you could move out of state with your child if MA removal laws apply. MA law requires you to get permission-

IF your child was born in MA or has lived in MA for more than 5 years, if your child is not old enough to consent, and if you and your child’s Mother have a MA case for divorce, paternity and/or support- and may apply even if you have an old case. (for Pittsfield MA that is the Berkshire Probate and Family court). You will need to demonstrate to the court that you have a good reason for moving and that the move is in your child’s best interest. The court will consider a number of things such as whether the move would improve not only your life but your child’s quality of life, how the reduction in your child’s time with Mother would impact your child, and how the move would affect your child’s overall well-being. Filing the necessary paperwork in court and getting the court’s permission to move is a process, so you should factor the court’s timeline into your moving plans. ... Read More
Q. Ex stopped paying child support because he had one and I had one. His is 19 and out of his house. Mine is 17.
A: Massachusetts child support laws allow for child support and educational expenses payments even after your child turns 18 and up to 23 years of age. The court looks at whether your child is “principally dependent” upon one parent which is usually understood to mean that the adult child lives primarily with one parent and includes time when your child is living at college as long as he/she lives with you during breaks and school vacation. An attorney can help review any orders you currently have in place to determine how best to proceed. Child support may be awarded retroactively, but only back to the day of filing, so If you are entitled to support, you should consider that as well.
Q. Criminal
A: If Probation has issued a warrant for you, then, as you probably know, you can be arrested on that warrant at any time and possibly held on bail pending any Violation of Probation hearing.

Many lawyers offer free consultations and may help you decide what your options are and see if you can arrange with your Probation Officer to answer to the warrant and deal with your issues. For a free consultation, you may call my office at (978) 412-2141, Attorney Kim Gibson Carnevale, Carnevale Law Office, 70 Washington Street, Suite 214, Salem, MA. 01970
View More Answers
Contact & Map
70 Washington Street
Suite 214
Salem, MA 01970
Telephone: (978) 412-2141
Monday: 8:30 AM - 6 PM
Tuesday: 8:30 AM - 6 PM
Wednesday: 8:30 AM - 6 PM (Today)
Thursday: 8:30 AM - 6 PM
Friday: 8:30 AM - 6 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed
Notice: Available 24/7 for emergencies.
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.