Free Consultation: (208) 805-9880Tap to Call This Lawyer
Kevin M Rogers

Kevin M Rogers

When you need a lawyer with experience who listens to you and will help you.
  • Divorce, Bankruptcy, Family Law...
  • Idaho
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

Idaho native who understands Idaho and its people and officials. Attended schools in Boise, Idaho and graduated from Borah High School. B.A. from Brigham Young University and J.D. from BYU Law School. Note Editor of the Journal of Public Law. Private practice for 10 years. Practice consisted of civil and criminal litigation, bankruptcy, personal injury, civil rights and business formation. If you are married and going through a divorce or getting ready to and you are concerned about your children and want what's best for them, I am the lawyer you want in court with you. If you have been stopped by police and charged with a crime and worried about what will happen to you? Will I be able to bond out? How will this affect my job, my family, my ability to continue to work, then I am the lawyer you want in court with you. If you have been injured in an automobile accident and you worry about your job and how you're going to pay the bills, then you want the experience that I have in dealing with adjusters and the experience of a seasoned trial lawyer. I will answer the phone when you call and i will meet with you and listen to you. If you are at a point in life where you need some help and don't know where else to turn, please give me a call. When you call you will be speaking with a real lawyer, not a secretary or office help.

Practice Areas
  • Divorce
  • Bankruptcy
  • Family Law
  • Business Law
  • DUI & DWI
  • Personal Injury
  • Workers' Compensation
  • Domestic Violence
  • Criminal Law
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    I will accept credit cards. There is a 2.75% fee in addition to the fees quoted when using a credit card.
  • Contingent Fees
    There is NO ATTORNEY FEE unless you win. If the case is settled without trial, you will receive 70% after the costs are subtracted, such as copies, exhibits, travel expense etc. If the case goes to trial, you will receive 60% of the jury award, after deducting costs of suit. If the jury fails to award you money, you will not owe any fee to me. You will however, be responsible to reimburse me for all costs of trying to win for you.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Criminal defense, adoptions, bankruptcy, most business issues are amenable to a "flat fee" for services I provide. This means I will charge you a one-time fee to represent you and that's all the money you will pay.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • Korean: Spoken
Professional Experience
Idaho State Bar Association, Inns of Court
Brigham Young University
J.D. (1989) | Korean Language, Political Science
Honors: Academic Scholarship
Activities: Debate, Moot Court
J. Ruben Clark Law School
J.D. (1989) | Criminal Law, Criminal Procedure, Civil Procedure, Torts, Bankruptcy I & II, Constitutional Law, Contracts, Remedies
Most criminal defense and bankruptcy cases will operate on a flat fee basis. All custody matters and other litigation matters will operate on a non-refundable retainer basis plus an hourly rate billing.
Honors: Note Editor: Journal of Publc Law
Activities: Engaged in drafting contracts, custody proceedings, business litigation, legal advise and counsel; appearances and litigation in courtrooms.
Brigham Young University
B.A. (1986) | Political Science, statistics, Korean language
Wanted to become a physician but the law became of interest to me in a freak accident where my 2 yr. old son Michael had pulled himself up onto a metal folding chair in Sunday School class and in doing so, the chair folded up on his finger, cutting it off. We rushed the lad to UC Davis Hospital where he was triaged behind those drunks who had fallen down after biting their lips etc., and I was enraged. Here was my little boy losing his finger as I struggled to hold the tip to the exposed bone, horrified watching as it dried out. At last a cart with saline went by and I grabbed it and began squirting the finger tip with saline. Ultimately he was seen and the finger was saved. However, when I wrote the LDS Church and asked if they would please remove all such sharp, folding chairs from their buildings to keep the same thing from happening again, i was poo-pooed and told that the Church is self-funded and does not have a liability policy, to which my response was "well isn't that too bad, because all I asked you to do is remove similar chairs to prevent a similar occurrence from repeating itself and all you tell me is "let us do our jobs." I was furious and vowed that day to sue the Church. It was this experience that led me to become an attorney. Too many people are victims of crimes and negligence. They are in need of an advocate. I have spent my career advocating for people.
Honors: Note Editor for the Journal of Public Health
Activities: Extensive studies into the history of the LDS Church which led me to ask to have my name removed.
Professional Associations
Idaho State Bar # 4076
Legal Answers
31 Questions Answered

Q. Can you obtain the evidence that was against that got you convicted back in 2003 somehow?? How would I go about doing so
A: You’ll need to go to the courthouse and ask them if they have electronic records that go back that far or not. If they do all you’ll need to do is make the request. If their electronic records don’t go back that far then they probably have an off/site that they’ll give you directions on how/who to contact to access what you need.
Q. debt collection cases
A: All debt collection STOPS as soon as you file ANY chapter in bankruptcy. If you’re behind on a car payment and you file bcy the collection against you will stop immediately. Same with a house if you’re behind on your mortgage. However the collection on these two kinds of debts will start again as soon as the collector can get the court’s permission.
Q. a 17 yr old father wants to know if he can get his child custody back
A: I don’t know what you mean? Please re-read what you just wrote and submit it again.
Q. How do I start a custody case?
A: The Idaho Rules of Family Court Procedure say that in order to begin a custody case you file a Petition. I certainly don't recommend that ANYONE do this by themselves. You need to consult with an Idaho attorney and let him advise you.
Q. I am about 14 weeks pregnant. Can the father take me to court when the baby isn’t born yet?
A: Nope. He is nothing but a sperm donor at this point and can pack sand. When the baby is born he has a choice to make. He can either step up and declare his paternity to the child and immediately assume paying child support, or he can do nothing, have you let authorities know who the father is and the Idaho Dept. of Health and Welfare, Children's Services, will contact him and let him know that they have started a case and he needs to begin paying child support. At some point he may demand a blood test to determine his paternity, but he'll pay for it and you don't need to do anything. Further, even if his paternity to the child is assumed by him voluntarily or involuntarily, ALL THAT means is that the State of Idaho's policy of having parents support their children is being met, it has NOTHING to do with custody. In other words, parenthood has 2 parts: rights (visitation etc.) and responsibilities (child support, health insurance) and if he's a bully, and it certainly sounds like he is, he'll tell you that because he's paying CS that he has "rights" to see his child. He is WRONG! The ONLY way that this scum bag gets rights to this child is if he goes to court and convinces a magistrate judge that he is a fit father that deserves to visit his child. Good luck to you!
Q. I need to help my 22 yr old son file a rule 35 by October 23rd and cannot find the forms or which ones to use and how
A: Your son's name Address & Phone Number IN THE DISTRICT COURT FOR THE FOURTH JUDICIAL DISTRICT FOR THE STATE OF IDAHO, IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF ________ STATE OF IDAHO, ) Case No. ________________ ) Plaintiff, ) ) vs. ) Rule 35 Motion for Relief ) YOUR SON'S NAME. ) ______________________) COMES NOW (SON'S NAME), In propria Persona, and pursuant to Idaho Criminal Rule 35, hereby petitions this Honorable Court, to (reduce)(commute)(dismiss) the criminal conviction occurring on the ___ day of _________ 2018, as follows: 1. List reasons why the conviction was (a) too harsh; (b) lawyer didn't do his/her job right; (c) why he deserves his sentence to be overturned, commuted, changed, etc. Must give specific reasons that COULD NOT have been raised at the trial. If your son plead guilty before a trial then you are limited to citing specific reasons why the judgment was too harsh or why his counsel was deficient. DATED this ___ day of October, 2018. _______________________________________ Your son's name -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Next page CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE I hereby certify that on the ___ day of October 2018, that I served a true and correct copy of the foregoing Rule 35 Motion for Relief, upon the Ada County Prosecutor, by mailing it, postage prepaid, to the following address: Ada County Prosecutor 200 West Front St. Boise, ID 83702 ____________________________________ Son's name (good luck!)
Q. Am I required to submit to roadside tests if I'm pulled over on suspicion of drunk driving?
A: If you mean the roadside walk & turn, HGN and 1-leg stand? No absolutely you are NOT required to take those tests and I do not recommend cooperation of any kind.
Q. granddaughters boyfriend kicked her out of apartment homeless can't get apartment she is on his lease what to do
A: Your granddaughter’s boyfriend must also be on the lease? Otherwise he couldn’t have kicked her out. So what to do now? Is your granddaughter willing to come to terms with what her BF wants from her? If so, just tell granddaughter to beg his forgiveness and let her back into his life. On the other hand if she is through being treated like shit she should simply move out and move on.
Q. I need to file a response to a petition for custody of my minor children. I can't afford a lawyer. how can I file that
A: Have you tried Idaho Legal Aid or the Idaho State Bar to see if there may be a lawyer wanting to do some pro bono work? Short of that I would evaluate your interest in the case to determine whether hiring a lawyer might be worth selling your ATV or your card collection or your 2nd automobile or your camping equipment? I can’t imagine trying to do this by yourself.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
1156 N. Orchard St.
Boise, ID, USA
Telephone: (208) 805-9880
Cell: (208) 805-9880
Fax: (208) 485-4962