Kent Millward is originally from Reno, Nevada. He attended the University of Nevada, Reno where he graduated with a business degree in 2002. From Reno, Mr. Millward moved to Arizona where he worked for two Fortune 500 companies before attending law school. Having prior business experience has proved invaluable as he developed a keen sense of the importance of client relationships in developing a strong practice. This additional experience can clearly be seen in Mr. Millward's thoughtful and thorough approach to each case he handles. Mr. Millward attended law school at Drake University in Des Moines, IA. While in law school he focused on litigation practice courses specifically designed to enhance understanding of the practical application of law. Kent also assisted criminal defendants as a provisionally admitted member of the Iowa State Bar representing defendants and working with the public defender's office under the direct supervision of a managing attorney. These cases included drug possession, DUI/DWI charges and simple assault charges. In addition to his coursework Kent also had practical experience clerking for one of Iowa's top civil law firms working on insurance defense, real estate, civil rights violations, and product liability cases. Since graduation, Mr. Millward has had experience practicing in small to mid-size firms. In addition to working in Phoenix, Mr. Millward has practiced in Sun City, Flagstaff and Sedona as well. These varied experiences provided an excellent opportunity to learn and observe not only different fields of law, but different procedural rules of practice. Not every courtroom or client is the same and having this experience is important to understanding each client's individual needs.
- Elder Law
- Estate Planning
- Foreclosure Defense
- Landlord Tenant
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
Accept Visa and MasterCard.
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
- Associate Attorney
- Platt & Westby
- Drake University Law School
- J.D. (2010)
- University of Nevada-Reno
- B.A. (2002)
- Arizona Foundation for Legal Services and Education
- Kent Millward's Website Profile
- Platt & Westby, P.C. Website
- Phoenix Real Estate Lawyers Blog
- Recording False Documents – Not All Misstatements Are Material
13 January 2017
- What Do I Need to Know When I have a Business During a Divorce?
5 January 2017
- Reverse Mortgage Pitfall – Avoided
29 December 2016
- TRID and Your Real Estate Loan
22 December 2016
- Removal of Expired Deed of Trust
9 December 2016
- Starting A Business
1 December 2016
- Do I Need to Use a Realtor when Buying or Selling Property?
23 November 2016
- Can My HOA Cloud the Title on My Home?
18 November 2016
- When Can I Get a New Mortgage Loan After a Foreclosure or Bankruptcy?
10 November 2016
- Phoenix Probate Lawyers Blog
- How To Protect Yourself From Financial Elder Abuse
20 January 2017
- Communicating Religious Values in Your Estate Plan
27 October 2016
- Trustees Not Personally Liable When Entering Contracts On Behalf of the Trust
14 October 2016
- Will or Trust Contests and How to Avoid Them
6 October 2016
- How To Protect the Elderly, and Other Vulnerable Adults, From Financial Abuse
30 September 2016
- What Is A “Life Estate”?
23 September 2016
- What Happens To Web-Based Information When Someone Dies?
15 September 2016
- Probate Terminology – What Do These Terms Mean?
28 July 2016
- What Is A Living Will?
20 July 2016