Free Consultation: (517) 258-8020Tap to Call This Lawyer
Kenneth V Zichi

Kenneth V Zichi

Kenneth V . Zichi J.D.
  • Elder Law, Estate Planning, Real Estate Law ...
  • Michigan
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Helping Livingston County residents navigate the legal system for 30 years. I focus on Wills, Trusts, Estate Planning and Probate, with a significant portion of my practice also concerning Real Estate and general civil litigation. If you have questions or issues with your home, a cabin up north, or want to insure your family is cared for after you are gone, I'd be happy to meet with you, perhaps bust some myths, and certainly insure YOUR and your family's needs are met. Call for an appointment today!

Practice Areas
    Elder Law
    Estate Planning
    Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
    Real Estate Law
    Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
    Insurance Claims
    Bad Faith Insurance, Business Insurance, Disability Insurance, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Motor Vehicle Insurance, Property Insurance
    Landlord Tenant
    Evictions, Housing Discrimination, Landlord Rights, Tenants' Rights
  • Free Consultation
    Telephone [(810) 299-5222] or office conferences, 20 minutes or less. Longer conferences may incur a minimal fee.
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Kenneth V . Zichi J.D.
- Current
City of Williamston (Michigan)
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor Logo
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
A.B. | History / Communications
Honors: LS&A Honors College 1977-1979
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor Logo
Professional Associations
State Bar of Michigan
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
estate and probate section Michigan bar
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Law and Media committee - State Bar of Michigan
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Speaking Engagements
Newsroom Seminar, WNEM TV/AM - Saginaw MI
State Bar of Michigan - Law & Media committee
An hour-long seminar addressing some of the common practical and substantive difficulties journalists encounter in covering the legal system in Michigan.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
1119 Questions Answered
Q. Can a sale be forced on pardners if 3 partners own 54.4% .
A: I assume the partnership is incorporated under Michigan law? How is the property titled? In the name of individuals or the name of the partnership? What does the partnership agreement say about selling assets? Does it require a simple majority or a super-majority? Are there methods in the agreement to resolve disagreements through elections/buyouts or other procedures? In short, there is no 'one answer' to this and it actually raises more questions than answers --- it all depends on how the organization was created and organized. Your ANSWER is to take all the formation documents and agreements to an attorney and have that licensed attorney review it based on the law of the state where the corporation is organized. Looking for 'general information' on line is not going to lead to any useful conclusions in your case. You need specific legal advice and the way to get that is to retain the services of a local licensed attorney. Good luck!
Q. Can my neighbor put a shed, coop, etc on my 60’ foot wide private ingress/egress easement that cuts across his property?
A: The SHORT answer is that the owner of the land cannot put anything on the easement that would impair the use of the easement by the other party. So. plant grass? Sure. Put gravel down to improve the access? Absolutely. Put in a fence or building that prevents using the easement? Not so much. BUT as Mr Soble mentions, it is up to YOU as the person who has the right to use the easement to complain about such things. And you can't wait 'years' for that complaint. It doesn't START with that court action but as he mentions 'resolved outside of court' is the first step. But don't think that means 'I don't need an attorney'. It will almost ALWAYS be better if a local attorney helps you through this and perhaps makes the first contact with the neighbor by letter. I find people tend to take 'letters from an attorney' far more seriously than chatter over the back fence. But in any regard, don't wait longer. "Over the past few years" already makes me nervous!
Q. Mother recently passed. Estate qualifies for small estate administration in Michigan using Assignment of Property.
A: Mr Harris is right, but I have found the Post Office (particularly) can be 'dense' and insist on seeing letters of authority before they will do 'anything' -- depending on the local postmaster etc. Go to the post office and try to put in a forwarding order or contact the utilities etc., and see what they tell you then go to a local attorney to determine what makes sense and whether or not such actions would be 'worth it' Get that local advice as it will vary from one location to another! Detroit is not Naubinway and the two don't 'work' the same!
View More Answers
Contact & Map
1360 W. Grand River Ave, Howell MI
PO Box 1121
Fowlerville, MI 48836
Telephone: (810) 299-5222
Cell: (517) 258-8020
Monday: 10 AM - 5:30 PM (Today)
Tuesday: 10 AM - 5:30 PM
Wednesday: 10 AM - 5:30 PM
Thursday: 10 AM - 5:30 PM
Friday: 10 AM - 2:30 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed
Notice: Please call for either an in person or 'zoom' appointment. Conferences beyond an initial phone screening by appointment only.
1360 W. Grand River Ave
Howell, MI 48843
Toll-Free: (517) 258-8020
Cell: (810) 299-5222
Brighton Phone
Brighton, MI 48116
Telephone: (810) 299-5222
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.