Kelly M. Alfreds always aims to go above and beyond to ensure her clients understand their rights, how the legal and medical process works, and the details of any issue involved in their case. She keeps her clients well-informed to have peace of mind – helping them get the benefits they rightfully deserve.
Working closely with her workers’ comp clients, Kelly:
- Gathers and prepares the appropriate documentation, including accident reports, medical records, and witness statements.
- Determines their wage benefits and explains the law in how these weekly wage benefits are calculated.
- Prepares her clients to testify at hearings if necessary, along with any witnesses required to prove the claim.
- Takes the depositions of treating physicians and medical experts to prove the client’s disability is related to a work injury.
- Ensures all work-related medical bills are paid, including money for possible future treatment, so that her clients will be fully taken care of in the future if the disability is permanent, and;
- Negotiates with the insurance company for a fair settlement of the claim, ensuring her clients are fully compensated for medical bills, lost wages, and lost earning capacity.
Kelly also handles personal injury cases including accidents involving cars, motorcycles, trucks, and medical malpractice.
Kelly is a certified mediator and a member of the Charleston County Bar Association, Dorchester County Bar Association, Injured Workers’ Advocates, South Carolina Women Lawyers Association, and South Carolina Bar Association. She is also First Circuit Representative of the Young Lawyers Division of the South Carolina Bar.
She serves as a member of the Summerville Chamber of Commerce and Dorchester Children’s Advocacy Center board of directors. She is chair of the Development Committee for Dorchester Children’s Center.
Kelly graduated cum laude from Charleson School of Law and lives in Summerville.