Keith Kanouse

Keith Kanouse

Representing Entreprenuers and Their Companies
  • Business Law, Securities Law
  • Florida
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

I represent start-up businesses and existing businesses that want to expand through franchising, licensing, dealerships, distributorships, private placement of securities. I also do business entity formation such as S corporations and LLC. I also represent buyers and sellers of businesses. I represent tenants in lease negotiation.

Practice Areas
    Business Law
    Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
    Securities Law
Additional Practice Area
  • Franchise Law
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    You can use your Visa or MasterCard through my website,
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Certain projects I do on a fixed fee basis. Other matters are bill at $425 an hour
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
University of Notre Dame
J.D. (1974) | Law
Graduated 5th in Class
Honors: Magna Cum Laude
Activities: Note and Comment Editor of Notre Dame Lawyer Law Review
University of Notre Dame Logo
Bradley University
B.S. (1974) | Business Management
Graduated 10th in Class
Honors: Magna Cum Laude
Activities: Golf
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
ABA Forum of Franchising
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Florida State Bar  # 208213
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Have written numerous articles that can be downloaded from my websiter,
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
48 Questions Answered
Q. I need a owner financing note that vehicles.
A: You need a Note and Security Agreement. The Security Agreement grants you a security interest in the motor vehicle so you can take it back for non-payment. You will need to record the Certificate of Title showing you as first lienholder and hold onto the title until full payment of the Note. There are documentary stamp taxes to be paid on the Note. Make sure your interest rate is not usurious. Also, make sure you are named as an additional insured under the buyer's insurance policy. Obtain a Certificate of Insurance.
Q. Hello, I am interesting in leasing a suite and then renting out the rooms to licensed stylist or lash artists
A: I have a client that has done this as a franchisee. You have to find a location and negotiate a master lease with the landlord with the landlord understanding that you will be subdividing and subleasing the premises to various subtenants. You need to check that the zoning will allow the intended uses. You will be responsible for the rent to the landlord paid from the rent that suntenants pay to you.
Q. Can a non-compete keep me from doing anything HVAC related with anyone for a year in Florida?
A: The covenant not to compete will probably be enforceable as it appears reasonable in time, scope, duration and protects the legitimate interest of the owner.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
2255 Glades Road
Suite 324 Atrium
Boca Raton, FL 33431
Telephone: (561) 451-8090
Fax: (561) 451-8089
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.