I have made helping people through their legal obstcales my life's work. I have over 17 years experience in family law issues such as estate planning, wills, power of attorney, probate matters (both non-contested and contested), personal bankruptcy, contested divorce, custody, and spousal support issues. I also have extensive experience representing abused and neglected children in foster care. When I meet with you I will draw on my past experience in order to provide you with the best options on how to move forward.
I began my legal career prosecuting domestic assaults in the Clatsop County District Attorney's Office. Using my litigation experience, I opened and ran my own family law and bankruptcy practice in Astoria for 11 years.
In 2010, I helped found a nonprofit organization that provides volunteer advocates for foster children. I served as the first executive director for Columbia County's Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) program until 2013.
From 2013 to 2015, I was an associate attorney with Portland law firm Kivel & Howard, where I handled a broad range of legal issues, including family law, estate planning, and landlord-tenant issues.
I joined Gresham Family & Bankruptcy Law in February 2016 and have made East Multnomah County my home ,both professionally and personally. My practice focuses on Multnomah and Clackamas Counties as well as the US District Bankruptcy Court.
- Family Law
- Estate Planning
- Free Consultation
First Time one hour Personal Bankruptcy appointment is free
- Credit Cards Accepted
We accept all major credit cards
- 9th Circuit
- English: Spoken, Written
- French: Spoken, Written
- Associate Attorney
- Gresham Family & Bankruptcy Law
- - Current
- Kathryn Bourn has more than 16 years’ experience helping people with family law issues such as estate planning, wills, power of attorney, probate matters (both non-contested and contested), Personal bankruptcy, contested divorce, custody, and spousal support,. She also has extensive experience representing abused and neglected children in foster care.
- University of Oregon
- B.A. | Journalism, French, Women's Studies
- Cornell University
- J.D. (1995) | Emphasis: Advocacy
- Multnomah County Bar Association
- Queen's Bench (Multnomah County Chapter of Oregon Women Lawyers)
- Board Member
- Oregon Gay and Lesbian Law Association
- Oregon State Bar # 952166
- - Current