Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
- Estate Planning
- Elder Law
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- English: Spoken, Written
- The Law Office of Katherine Schnauss Naugle
- - Current
- Stetson University College of Law
- J.D. (2001) | law
- Stetson University
- MBA (2001) | Business management
- Emory University
- B.A. (1998)
- Heritage Committee for The Woman's Club of Jacksonville
- - Current
- Jacksonville WOmen Lawyers Association
- Past President
- Estate planning , Edward Jones , Jacksonville, FL
- Edward Jones
3 Questions Answered
- Q. In Florida .What happens with money in bank acct. When act holder dies and beneficiary is also deceased.
- A: You will need to consult with a probate attorney as a small probate will need to be done.
- Q. My uncle passed away and left his home to my grandmother. She has passed away I am her only heir. How do get the house.
- A: It all depends on which probates have and have not been completed. When your uncle passed away, if the home was just in his name then his estate will need to be probated to pass the home to your mother, assuming there is a valid Will or that it would pass to your uncle under the intestate statute of Florida Law. Then you would need to probate your grandmother's estate to pass the home to you, again, assuming she had a valid Will or it would pass to you under the intestate statute. I would suggest contacting a probate attorney to discuss this in more detail.
- Q. I'm the executor of my Dad's will, but I live out of state and we haven't filed it yet with the court.
- A: It depends on how your dad's accounts were titled. If they were joint accounts with your son then yes he can. I would suggest talking to a probate lawyers to determine how to pay expenses.
Contact & Map