Attorney Katharine Phinney is an experienced litigation attorney, focusing primarily on family law. After years of working for the people of Rockingham and Strafford counties prosecuting felony level crimes, she transitioned back to the private sector to work with families and help individuals with their own legal matters.
Attorney Phinney has a track record of success. She graduated summa cum laude, attaining the rank of 2nd in her law school class, and then began her career on the Seacoast at a family law firm. During her first several years of practice, she enjoyed working on complex divorce cases, including arguing a case before the New Hampshire Supreme Court on behalf of her client. Enticed by this litigation experience, Attorney Phinney became a felony level prosecutor where she handled hundreds of felony crimes and spent years in the courtroom. After winning numerous jury trials for the State of New Hampshire, Attorney Phinney chose to work on a more personal level with individuals and families, and joined the team at Russman Law.
In addition to working hard for her clients, Attorney Phinney enjoys serving the citizens of New Hampshire in various capacities as a past member on the New Hampshire Adult Parole Board, past President of the Rockingham Bar Association after serving years as a Board Member and has enjoyed teaching a law course at the Granite State College. Attorney Phinney resides in the Seacoast area, with her husband and children where she is testing her green thumb in gardening and attempting to hike all of the 48 4,000 foot summits in the Granite State.
- Family Law
- Domestic Violence
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- New Hampshire
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- English: Spoken, Written
- Russman Law
- Valparaiso University School of Law
- Honors: Summa Cum Laude Top Honors: Torts; Business Associations & Remedies Top Honors: Legal Drafting: General & Local Government Top Honors: Uniform Commercial Code and Sales & Commercial Paper
- University of Vermont
- New Hampshire Bar Association # 19532
- Supreme Court At A Glance
- New Hampshire Bar News
- Search and Seizure Laws, New Hampshire State Police
- Do You Know Why I Stopped You?
1 August 2014
- Let's Follow that Drink!
31 July 2014
- The Financially Stressed Family and Collaborative Divorce
30 July 2014
- Therapeutic Divorce? It is possible.
29 July 2014
- Uncle Sam Wants Your Settlement
28 July 2014
- Collaborative Divorce Vs Mediation
25 July 2014
- Divorce In New Hampshire Doesn't Have To Be A Battle
24 July 2014
- New Hampshire May Look into Strengthen Drugged Driving Enforcement
23 July 2014
- Negligent Homicide Laws in New Hampshire
22 July 2014