Free Consultation: (205) 286-8465
Offers Video Chat
Tap to Call This Lawyer
Kate Furek

Kate Furek

Former prosecutor with years of experience ready to aggressively defend you!
  • Criminal Law, DUI & DWI, Employment Law ...
  • Alabama
Review This Lawyer
Lawyer Rating and Reviews
Legal Knowledge
Legal Analysis
Communication Skills
Ethics and Professionalism
Jason Paul Bailey
Reviewed by Jason Paul Bailey October 14, 2019
Rating: 10 Justia Lawyer Rating - 10 out of 10
Kate is an excellent lawyer.
Claimed Lawyer ProfileOffers Video ChatQ&ALII GoldSocial MediaResponsive Law

You shouldn’t have to go to court alone.

Kate’s philosophy in practicing law is that no one should have to navigate the courthouse by themselves: Whether you’ve been accused of a crime or you find yourself in need of discrimination protection, you need aggressive representation and you need it now.

Results in the following types of cases:

- Drug possession and other drug crimes
- Weapons violations
- Assault and other violent crimes
- Theft and property crimes
- Sex offenses
- Homicide / Manslaughter
- Criminal record expungement

- Wage and hour disputes
- Whistleblower protection
- Discrimination
- Sexual harassment
- Family and medical leave disputes

Kate is a former prosecutor with the experience and skills to get results in your case. If you need someone to stand up for you in court, don't wait to seek representation. Kate has extensive experience representing UA students and out-of-town clients.

When you hire a lawyer, you should get one who's easy to get in touch with and who is passionate about your case.

Call or email today to schedule a free consultation and find out how Kate can help. Our office is located in downtown Tuscaloosa, less than a mile from The University of Alabama campus.

Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • DUI & DWI
  • Employment Law
  • Traffic Tickets
  • Cannabis & Marijuana Law
  • White Collar Crime
Video Chat and Conferencing
  • FaceTime
  • Google Hangouts
  • Skype
  • Zoom
  • Free Consultation
    Call now to schedule a complimentary case evaluation for any kind of case.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    I accept cash, check, credit cards for all cases.
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Alabama State Bar Association
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Federal Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Browne House Law Group
Samford University
J.D. (2016)
Honors: Merit Scholar
Activities: Associate Justice, Moot Court Board Moot Court National Team Phi Alpha Delta
Samford University Logo
University of Baltimore
M.A. (2014) | Master of Public Administration
Activities: MPA Student Association
Placeholder image for education.
University of Maryland - Baltimore County
B.A. (2008)
University of Maryland - Baltimore County Logo
Best Oralist
Cumberland School of Law, Gordan T. Saad Moot Court Competition
Professional Associations
Alabama State Bar Pro Bono Task Force
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Alabama Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Tuscaloosa Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Alabama State Bar  # 7878X69R
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Speaking Engagements
Path to Success , Women's Section - Birmingham Bar / The Dorbin Association , The University of Alabama School of Law
Legal Answers
13 Questions Answered

Q. Can additional charges to a traffic stop that resulted in a charge but successfully defended against be dissmissed?
A: A lawyer would need more information before answering the question specific to your case, however, if multiple charges arise from a traffic stop, you can be convicted of those additional charges even if the ticket that was the reason for the stop is dismissed. In these situations, it's best to hire a lawyer in your county to aggressively defend you against these charges.
Q. Can I get a ticket for expired tags from more than one jurisdiction in the same 24 hour period?
A: Yes. Sometimes, if you've gotten your tags updated quickly after the ticket, one or more jurisdictions may dismiss the ticket on payment of court cost - but they are under no obligation to do so.
Q. How can I get my husband a ID so he can receive chemo if he has warrants for fta on tickets?
A: If he has warrants for failure to pay traffic tickets, it is not the clerks who can waive the requirement that he turn himself in. In order to handle the warrants for you, the best outcome is usually obtained by hiring a lawyer in the county where the warrants are from to help you navigate this situation.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
1924 7th St
Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
Telephone: (205) 286-8465
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.

Select up to 3 lawyers.