Free Consultation: (301) 717-4505Tap to Call This Lawyer
June Marie Marshall

June Marie Marshall

Marshall Conflict Resolution
  • Employment Law, Divorce, Family Law
  • Maryland
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

My passion has always been to help people. To this end, I focus my practice on mediation, family law, and labor and employment law (including Federal employment law). Acting as a mediator, I help parties resolve their disputes amicably without extensive litigation. However, mediation is not always the best method for everyone. In those instances, I provide legal representation. My goal is to help people resolve their disputes through mediation or litigation, whichever is appropriate.

Practice Areas
  • Employment Law
  • Divorce
  • Family Law
  • Free Consultation
    Free 15 minute telephone consultation
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Hourly fee: $250 to 350 per hour
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
U.S. Supreme Court
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Marshall Conflict Resolution
- Current
My responsibilities include law firm management, providing legal assistance in areas involving family law (divorce, child custody, property division) and Labor and Employment Law. I also provide mediation and arbitration assistance with family law, labor relations, employment and community disputes.
Maryland State Labor Relations Board
Served as the Member/Chair of the Maryland State Labor Relations Board (Board). The Board is responsible for administering and enforcing provisions of Title 3 - Collective Bargaining as it relates to Maryland State employees.. The Board is also responsible for creating new bargaining unit guidelines; monitoring elections; investigating unfair labor practice charges and lockouts; and any other powers or duties provided for elsewhere in the Collective Bargaining Statute.
General Attorney/Senior Attorney
Federal Labor Relations Authority
-Represented the Government at hearings and other proceedings in order to enforce the Federal Service Labor-Management Statute. -Provided mediation and other alternative dispute resolution (ADR) assistance throughout all phases of the unfair labor practice charge investigation, analysis, and litigation process. -Processed representation petitions incorporating ADR techniques from initial filing to drafting Decision and Orders for the Regional Director’s signature; served as hearing officer at representation hearings. -Conducted quarterly basic and advanced training on the Federal Service Labor Management Relations Statute for agency and labor representatives. -Served as EEO Counselor for FLRA employees from 2009 to 2013.
Labor Relations Specialist
Federal Service Impasses Panel (FLRA)
-Investigated employer and/or labor union requests for negotiation impasse assistance; analyze oral and written position statements submitted by the parties; research and apply, as appropriate, Federal law, regulations, and case precedent to parties' position statements; provided Presidential appointees and senior staff with written summaries and analyses of parties' positions. - Provided mediation assistance throughout all phases of the Panel process.
University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law
J.D. (2000) | Law
University of Maryland - University College
B.S. (1995) | Business & Management
Baltimore's Finest 2014
Proactive Sources
Baltimore's Finest 2014 Profile Series is a WHO'S WHO on area professionals demonstrating excellence in the fields of law, healthcare, business and finance. Baltimore's Finest 2014 Profile Series is produced by Proactive Resources for the June 11, 2014 issue of the City Paper.
Professional Associations
Maryland Volunteer Lawyers Service, Inc.
- Current
Maryland Council for Dispute Resolution
- Current
American Bar Association
- Current
Maryland State Bar
- Current
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
48 Questions Answered

Q. I was fired last Monday for not staying late. I was fired in front of customers and employees. I was the Ast, Mgr.
A: Maryland is an at-will state. You can be fired for any reason or no reason. You can check your company's disciplinary policy to see if you have any recourse there.
Q. I believe my daughter's employer is retaliating against her by not making her paycheck available. Legal?
A: The employer should not be holding her check. If she does not get the money her employer owes her, she can file a complaint with the Maryland Employment Standards Service.
Q. If I am a contracted worker can i sue for not being paid
A: If you have a contract, you could sue for breach of contract.
Q. I was fired in DC on 8/28/17 I had 98 hrs of vacation time. How can I receive compensation my accrued vacation time?
A: You can file a claim with the Washington DC Office of Wage and Hour Compliance. The website is
Q. What are possible penalties if I accept a position with a recent client of my current employer?
A: It depends on how the contract is worded. The employer can file a complaint in court for breach of contract. The penalty could be anything from specific performance (leave the employment with the past company) to some kind of money damages (loss of severance pay). He could also end up paying the employers legal fees for enforcing the contract.
Q. If a verbally abusiv family member shows up at your house uninvited and refuses to leave and repeats, is it harrassment?
A: Sounds like trespassing.
Q. Have a case in one county neither person lives in that county anymore can I do change of venue to county I live in now
A: You can motion to change the venue when: (c) Convenience of the Parties and Witnesses. On motion of any party, the court may transfer any action to any other circuit court where the action might have been brought if the transfer is for the convenience of the parties and witnesses and serves the interests of justice.
Q. In 2008 I was granted custody of my daughter. In 2010 I got in trouble with the law and her mother filed for custody and
A: If there is no new custody order, the first one is still in effect.
Q. Am I entitled to accrued vacation time after I quit my job?
A: You are entitled to your vacation time. Unless you have an agreement that states otherwise, you are not entitled to sick time (it's supposed to be used for being sick while employed).
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Main Office
1400 Front Street, Suite 202
Lutherville/Timonium, MD 21093
Telephone: (301) 717-4505