I’m a solo practice attorney in Champaign, Illinois. It is a general practice, but I focus on wills, trusts, estate planning, powers of attorney, and corporation and partnership formation.
In prior general small firm practice, I performed primary work on successful creditor-side bankruptcy cases involving up to $6,000,000 in secured interests; successfully defended multiple civil cases involving real property, contracts, and torts in Tennessee and Georgia courts against motions for summary judgment; served as counsel for a local bank regarding civil cases; assisted clients with clearing up fraudulently damaged credit reports; assisted clients with charitable estate donations of real property, and trained new associates with regard to research and writing skills.
I have extensive experience with alternative dispute resolution, having been a registered neutral in Georgia for years, able to assist parties with mediation and arbitration efforts. In addition, I assisted a nationally recognized labor relations arbitrator and mediator with case review and award drafting.
I was part of a small team of attorney consultants in Chicago that managed various document review and analysis projects for insurance industry clients, including review of Superfund site cleanup liability and liability for reinsurance of bodily injury claims for asbestos and silica exposure. I also co-managed operations for the company for six months, including handling of client relationships, development of project proposals and budgets, and development of marketing strategies.
- Business Law
- Estate Planning
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Flat rate for simple property and health care power of attorney documents.
- University of Illinois - Springfield
- M.S. (2014) | Computer Science
- Honors: Upsilon Pi Epsilon honor society
- University of Illinois College of Law
- J.D. (1999) | Law
- Honors: High Honors in Legal Writing and Research; Honors in Introduction to Advocacy; Dean’s List
- State Bar of Illinois # 6275685
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Champaign Country Bar Association
- Member, Board of Governors, Secretary
- East Central Illinois Women's Attorney Association
- South Africa’s Truth and Reconciliation Commission: The Conflict Between Individual Justice and National Healing in the Post-Apartheid Age
- Arizona Journal of International and Comparative Law
- Should Former Government Leaders Be Subject to Prosecution After Their Term in Office? The Case of South African President P. W. Botha
- California Western International Law Journal
- The Law Office of Julie C. King website